• Bama

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I use AED and have zero complaints and he has great customer service.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I've run 5 different tuners tunes. Lund is giving the most timing with zero knock along with faster times and traps. The other ones all had knock somewhere in rpm band with less timing. Easy for me...

momogt

Established Member
IMO not that im a expert. if you are auto and money is no issue i would go for a dyno tune just for adjusting shift characteristics for daily driving. i just had mine done and it made a world of difference. if i could do it over a dyno tune would have been my first choice. that,s way i voted other

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we can get you setup with a great lund tune, not only do you get lunds great tune, you get our customer service from 8am to 10pm seven days a week!

feel free to message, pm, text, call, etc..

beef
513-478-1965

nate-roth

Established Member
In my opinion, on a stock car there is really going to be little difference between any of them. Where the differences show up is when the car starts getting serious mods. At my level I chose Bama and so far have been really pleased. They replied to every single email I sent them, sent me updates the tunes are very good. I've had several tuned cars before and have some idea of a good smooth tune and a not so good tune. I only have an off road X on a otherwise stock 2014 Auto. This summer I'll get some #47 injectors and try there e85 tune out I'm moving closer to an e85 station so it'll be way more convenient for me to try it. They may disappoint me but who knows I know there 87 performance and 93 race tunes are very seamless for me car really drives almost stock until you nail the throttle. The transmission shifting is really good. On the 87 it's firm and positive but not harsh at all around town, the 93 bangs 1-2 really good and 2-3 is very firm and positive as well. For me 93 is unless on the street I can't hook at all with my current stock P neros.

For a stock car you would be fine going with one of the tunes that come free or low cost with the purchase of the SCT - not the SCT tunes but Steeda,BBR, VMP, etc.. When my car was stock I was very pleased with the Steeda tune. Anther tuner that does not get mentioned much is Chris Jones from BRR, he does excellent tunes and they have a good priced SCT/CAI/X-pipe combo that comes with tuning. Once you get into heavier mods its adviseable to start working with AED,Lund,BBR, many others. The key when you are tuninga higher modified car is creating quality datalogs, all the high quality tuners can create good tunes if you give them good datalogs.

SixPak

Established Member
imo not that im a expert. If you are auto and money is no issue i would go for a dyno tune just for adjusting shift characteristics for daily driving. I just had mine done and it made a world of difference. If i could do it over a dyno tune would have been my first choice. That,s way i voted other

^^this^^ +1

KushBandit

Established Member
Lol, I was waiting for this... The man might have questionable personality traits but he does know his 5.tunes.

No doubt he knows these cars well, I'm only poking fun lol. I usually recommend him to others on the occasion I'm asked about tuners, but I had just remembered that fiasco happening for some odd reason and had to talk shit ;)

MKMotorsport

Established Member
none of the above, SCT PRP.

I've never run anyone else tunes either stock or the bolt on stuff I have now. I think about from time to time "trying" someone's as a sanity check on what I'm doing....

slofoshow

Established Member
I am also in a similar predicament. I am somewhat surprised to hear such positive feedback on lund tunes for the A6 cars. I had always seen people recommend VMP or Mr. Rousch were the only ways to go for A6 tunes. Might be worth a try this spring. Does Lund normally require a log before sending a finalized version of the tune?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Well guys I know I was bashing bama in my other post, but I'm still waiting on my lund revision from before Christmas. I ended up having to switch back to bama so I could get a revision right away (next day). Actually the car feels the same with my bama tune. I think I just got a bad bama tune for my revision for the boss intake. I'm very happy and impressed with my bama tune.

KushBandit

Established Member
I am also in a similar predicament. I am somewhat surprised to hear such positive feedback on lund tunes for the A6 cars. I had always seen people recommend VMP or Mr. Rousch were the only ways to go for A6 tunes. Might be worth a try this spring. Does Lund normally require a log before sending a finalized version of the tune?

My tunes from Mike Rousch are superior to my Lund tunes. Lund is great, but Mike is better with the auto. The man may be hard to get a hold of, but he knows the coyote/6R80 combo very well. He has an auto for a shop car, FWIW.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Well guys I know I was bashing bama in my other post, but I'm still waiting on my lund revision from before Christmas. I ended up having to switch back to bama so I could get a revision right away (next day). Actually the car feels the same with my bama tune. I think I just got a bad bama tune for my revision for the boss intake. I'm very happy and impressed with my bama tune.

I'm not gonna sit here and say Bama has better tunes than Mike, Sean, Lund, or VPM. However, I will say I got a Bama tune in 2011 because I wanted a tune but back then all you read about was #8 threads. At that time Bama offered a warranty if Ford denied your warranty for a blown engine due to a bad tune so I went that route and have free tunes for life with the car. I will admit the first two tunes I had weren't great drivability wise. WOT was fine but bogged and shifted up way too fast unless you were 100% in the gas. Got a "new" tune from them when I heard they got new tunes and it was about the same but when Paul from Torq came on board everything changed. Was able again to get another free tune. I read great things about them (v2 tune) and since it was free for me I got one. Took about 3 days. The first one was very noticeably better. A huge improvement in how the car behaved but had kind of soft shifts for a race tune at WOt to me so I called them for a revision and the guy I talked to just said "I know what you want" when I told him it shifted too soft but I didn't want anything crazy. A day or two later I got a revision and it was perfect and the car runs like a champ. Then probably 6 months later I needed an OR tune and a day or two later had that. I'm super happy with the Bama tune I have. It's a whole new ball game with them now vs like 2013 tunes before Paul.

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
I'm not gonna sit here and say Bama has better tunes than Mike, Sean, Lund, or VPM. However, I will say I got a Bama tune in 2011 because I wanted a tune but back then all you read about was #8 threads. At that time Bama offered a warranty if Ford denied your warranty for a blown engine due to a bad tune so I went that route and have free tunes for life with the car. I will admit the first two tunes I had weren't great drivability wise. WOT was fine but bogged and shifted up way too fast unless you were 100% in the gas. Got a "new" tune from them when I heard they got new tunes and it was about the same but when Paul from Torq came on board everything changed. Was able again to get another free tune. I read great things about them (v2 tune) and since it was free for me I got one. Took about 3 days. The first one was very noticeably better. A huge improvement in how the car behaved but had kind of soft shifts for a race tune at WOt to me so I called them for a revision and the guy I talked to just said "I know what you want" when I told him it shifted too soft but I didn't want anything crazy. A day or two later I got a revision and it was perfect and the car runs like a champ. Then probably 6 months later I needed an OR tune and a day or two later had that. I'm super happy with the Bama tune I have. It's a whole new ball game with them now vs like 2013 tunes before Paul.

Has anyone else tuned your car before other than Bama? Bama made their "#8 warranty" cause they were the main tuner that was blowing the engines, that's why their lawyers had them protect their ass with the warranty.

I wouldn't let Bama tune my radio. They can't even get a Cobra Jet car to run properly lol.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
Has anyone else tuned your car before other than Bama? Bama made their "#8 warranty" cause they were the main tuner that was blowing the engines, that's why their lawyers had them protect their ass with the warranty.

I wouldn't let Bama tune my radio. They can't even get a Cobra Jet car to run properly lol.

The #8 warranty was also a clever marketing strategy, and it seemed to attract quite a few consumers.

Users who are viewing this thread