• Bama

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Opinions are like Aholes, everyone has one and some just smell worse than others. Years ago I had a supercharged Navigator........yea yea who would bother with a Navigator....I did. Anyway, at the time I used Dugan Racing to tune it. That was the most god awful mistake I ever made on any car I have ever so much as thought about changing the oil on much less performance parts. It was a Diablo chip and it was terrible. Trans was puking fluid all over the place, shift points were harsch to the point of whiplash, basically it wasn't driveable. Lesson learned, read around and find someone who is good at the platform, warranties their work AND can help you if needed around the clock. Dugan didn't give a hoot in hell that my tune didn't work. Didn't care when I complained about it....just pointed at Diablo down in FL and said it was their problem. I chose Dugan because it was only a few miles drive and wanted local. I later changed to a guy who had a stellar reputation and he not only fixed my issues, he massaged another 34HP out of it and did it safely. I'd have him do my stang but as I later read he had health issues and closed his business. The only issue with that guy was that so many people wanted him to tune their trucks that he was always 2-3 weeks behind.
Fast Forward to now. I bought my 2013 having been out of the stang game for many years, my last one was a 89 fox coupe. Knew nothing about the coyote other than it had potential that I wanted to exploit. I read literally thousands of posts from many, many forums. In the end, I went with Bama for several reasons. 1) They were the most cost effective at $400 with device and lifetime revisions 2) American Muscle backed them, and AM has stellar customer service that backs up the stuff they sell 3) Lifetime revisions for free....this simply cannot be beat by anyone 4) Revisions are stated to be done in 48-72 hours......I've gotten almost all of mine in 24 hours and I have had 15 or so revisions due to more mods done slowly 5) If you have to call them, they answer. It's not a callback, and they get that you may get a guy whose never tuned a vehicle or a guy who might know as much or more than them and they talk to you in the proper way. Some tuners talk down to those who aren't "in the know" with tuning lingo. Others seem to think that if you don't know, they don't have time to teach you. Bama's folks are patient, and seem to talk to folks at whatever level they are. I'm sure they'll be those who disagree, thus is their right. But for the money on natural aspirated cars I don't think any of those other tuners can match Bama's V2 tune for it's value and performance. I currently run Bama on my 13 that has; Boss IM, BBK 85mm TB, BBK intake, Cat delete, Ford Racing X, Flowmaster American Thunder Axleback, probably leaving something out. I've got a set of BBK headers awaiting install and at that time I'll add the Mach 500 clutch kit....and when i'm ready I'll send Bama the request and in a day it'll be ready....probably before I even do the install.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a great experience with Bama as well back when my car was NA.
Lund tuned it when it had a paxton and it was awesome.
Chris Holmes now that it's TT and again, no issues.

We have lots of great choices on this platform.

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
Has anyone else tuned your car before other than Bama? Bama made their "#8 warranty" cause they were the main tuner that was blowing the engines, that's why their lawyers had them protect their ass with the warranty.

I wouldn't let Bama tune my radio. They can't even get a Cobra Jet car to run properly lol.

did u see the you tube video titled "bull sh*t bama records"?

Troponin

Established Member
Something I don't understand about Lund. They have great feedback (most of the time) and I think most of their folks do a great job based on what I read. That said, it seems like there are a LOT of folks tuning under the name Lund.

So, I am curious. How many tuners does Lund have? Is there an ultimate source that decides if the tuning is up to Lund's standards? If so, is it an ongoing process?

I am simply asking this because it's one of the few tuners that I see that uses this many tuners that seem to be separate from the main shop. Most tuners have a couple guys, but they all function under the same roof.

This is in no way to bash Lund. Beefcake/Terry has a good reputation too, and I have conversed with him a few times and he was always very helpful.

king_13

Established Member
Lund sells tunes through various vendors.

As in, people have dynos and "sell" Lund tuning services, but they all go through Jon Lunds tuning shop.

It's a way for shops to still get customers, but get the reliability and brand recognition of Lund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Something I don't understand about Lund. They have great feedback (most of the time) and I think most of their folks do a great job based on what I read. That said, it seems like there are a LOT of folks tuning under the name Lund.

So, I am curious. How many tuners does Lund have? Is there an ultimate source that decides if the tuning is up to Lund's standards? If so, is it an ongoing process?

I am simply asking this because it's one of the few tuners that I see that uses this many tuners that seem to be separate from the main shop. Most tuners have a couple guys, but they all function under the same roof.

This is in no way to bash Lund. Beefcake/Terry has a good reputation too, and I have conversed with him a few times and he was always very helpful.

We aRe a vendor selling lund tunes lund still does the tuning

KonaCoyote12

Established Member
I have not used Lund but my friend uses Lund religiously and his cars run great. I personally have used Bama and VMP and due to my set up have had a lot of interactions with both. I swapped to an aluminator with a few other mods and it behaves differently than the stock coyote and has wierd quirks to tune out. I have another post on here explaining my switch from Bama.

Justin at VMP has been quick to respond and has made my car run awesome after a few data logs. I have to say, he is extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk to. The whole team at VMP has been really helpful and made this a really fun experience when it could have easily been a frustrating back forth. If you have to spend your hard earned money I vote VMP for the excellent daily driver I have and the great support they out behind their tunes.

Rick14

Established Member
I had a Lund tune done at Evo with a bunch of other work. Car ran great. 2 years later when the car went on the inspection machine I couldn't pass. Was blown off by both Evo and Lund. Was told that these are racing tunes and they don't / can't deal with that issue. Paid Realspeed hooked me up and I passed. Lund tune pushed more hp, car drives great on both tunes. Mods in sig

king_13

Established Member
Lund turns off your O2 sensors in the cats by default, which is probably why you didn't pass even if you still had them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick14

Established Member
That's what I thought. O2 not ready. So why not offer me another tune. I had touched base with them on that issue before the headers went on, HO cats. Jon did call me back though. But never offered another tune. As probably the most knowledgeable tuner out there he should have fixed the issue

Users who are viewing this thread