VMP Upgrade

VaporDude

Established Member
While I was in Orlando, I made a visit to VMP Tuning. They installed a 2.4 pulley, 90mm idler, 67mm VMP throttle body and SCT tune. The stock pull on the dyno was 583 RWHP and 585 lb/ft torque. After everything was installed and the engine tuned, it was at 688RWHP and 716 lb/ft torque. We used the stock instake and it was really hot and humid that day. This car is a new animal now and thanks to Justin Starkey and BJ McCarty for getting this done. It was the best bang for the buck spent on the car so far.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
While I was in Orlando, I made a visit to VMP Tuning. They installed a 2.4 pulley, 90mm idler, 67mm VMP throttle body and SCT tune. The stock pull on the dyno was 583 RWHP and 585 lb/ft torque. After everything was installed and the engine tuned, it was at 688RWHP and 716 lb/ft torque. We used the stock instake and it was really hot and humid that day. This car is a new animal now and thanks to Justin Starkey and BJ McCarty for getting this done. It was the best bang for the buck spent on the car so far.

Since we can't upload the same pic more than once, I'll offer this as Greg's Badge of Honor.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...240-vmp-700hp-power-package-dyno-results.html

bj

VaporDude

Established Member
Here is the stock dyno pull and the final pull with everything done.

greg13stock_vs_24tune67mm_zps046c0d58.jpg

VaporDude

Established Member
Since it was so hot and humid that day, I am going to put the car back on the dyno next spring and see what kind of numbers we can get out it. We are hoping for 700+ RWHP.

Tytus2012

Established Member
Really Nice numbers. Would you get even better numbers with a jlt 127mm intake? And is there a reason why u didn't change the intake?

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Great numbers Vapor... How does the cooling system hold up with the smaller pulley??? Any heat-soak in the hot weather??? You are using the Resonator Delete and Airaid Blue Non-oiled Filter, right?? Good drive-ability? Very impressive...

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yowza, very nice. Congrats. Interested in the cooling as well, how's the stock setup handling the new power?

VaporDude

Established Member
No problems on the coolling so far. All the stock parts are doing just fine. No resonator delete and I am running the Airaid blue oiled filter. You can drive it just like you did before, just keep in mind of the extra power.

Daffy, your car is my cars twin except a year newer.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I would not worry about going back on the dyno unless you add something or adjust your tune. I bet you are making 700 on the street

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
very nice numbers. VMP putting in work. Dam I was in Orlando this past weekend I should have looked up the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread