VMP TVS Has Arrived! Let the Build Begin!

greenflash00

Established Member
Little update on this. The tune had to be rescheduled so it's not going to happen tomorrow. It's just been a case of backordered parts, delayed deliveries and not enough time to finish everything up. I'm having a fit with getting some of these AN fittings to seal up right so hoping for next week. Don't need any fuel leaks:bored:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Little update on this. The tune had to be rescheduled so it's not going to happen tomorrow. It's just been a case of backordered parts, delayed deliveries and not enough time to finish everything up. I'm having a fit with getting some of these AN fittings to seal up right so hoping for next week. Don't need any fuel leaks:bored:

Congrats!
It sucks when a small part holds things up.
Best of luck on the dyno!
You are going to love the VMP TVS!

greenflash00

Established Member
Congrats!
It sucks when a small part holds things up.
Best of luck on the dyno!
You are going to love the VMP TVS!

Thanks Rick. Tune has been rescheduled for next Friday so hopefully by then I'll have her up and running. No matter what I tried I couldn't get these Aeroquip an fittings to seal up. The least little bit of flex at the joint and they leaked. Got some Fragola swivels joints coming in today that I hope will solve the issue then I can fire her up for the first time. :beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks Rick. Tune has been rescheduled for next Friday so hopefully by then I'll have her up and running. No matter what I tried I couldn't get these Aeroquip an fittings to seal up. The least little bit of flex at the joint and they leaked. Got some Fragola swivels joints coming in today that I hope will solve the issue then I can fire her up for the first time. :beer:

I run the Fragola lines and fittings on my car with no issues.
It is a bit of a PIA to get the fitting to fully seat in the lines. Nothing some heat, lubricant and swearing can't fix.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No reason really I just haven't bothered with it yet. I looked at it last night from underneath and it was rusted on pretty good but I may see If I can get it loose after spraying some oil on it. I would definitely rather it not be there if I can work it out of there.

Ok, I found out it was easiest to remove the egr tube when the blower and intake was off. Made a huge difference.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
No reason really I just haven't bothered with it yet. I looked at it last night from underneath and it was rusted on pretty good but I may see If I can get it loose after spraying some oil on it. I would definitely rather it not be there if I can work it out of there.

Double post.

greenflash00

Established Member
Tuned yet?

Yes I am! Here is the thread I made about it with pics/vid:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...MP-TVS-Dyno-Day-The-Results-are-In!-(sort-of)

I had some clutch slip issues on the dyno though so am installing an RXT in the next couple weeks and going back for new 93 numbers as well as the e85 tune. Once the clutch got hot it was better….final numbers with minor slip were 643/569. You can see where it slips at the bottom and top of the graph. I'm not sure how minimal slip affects the peak numbers but they should get a bit bigger with the new clutch I hope.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread