VMP TVS gen I 82mm pulley on 14' GT dyno numbers and impressions

SL0W5.0

Established Member
first off let me give a huge thanks to Justin Starkey for hooking me up with this kit and answering tons of questions i had both before and during the process. also to Collin at Racing Integraton for the clean install and 04compgt for dialing in the tune! i could not have done this without you guys. Seriously ;-)

so i got the VMP gen I stage 1 kit and added the vmp dual fan heat exchanger since car is my daily and will be driven in traffic a lot plus its gets pretty hot here in FL. The whole kit seems very high quality and fit and finish is great on everything. the car drives like stock in traffic and when out of boost which is really a big deal for me since realistically this is where it will be most of the time. The power comes on instantly when you open it up and pulls hard all the way to redline and does not fall on its face at high rpm. stock pzeros are having a hard time putting the power down in gears 1-3 even with my bmr suspension components so a tire upgrade is necessary. Like stated above it was dyno tuned by 04compgt so i cannot comment on the vmp tune although ive heard its great from lots of sources. I am very happy with the car and i am glad i went with the vmp kit, cant wait until tomorrow so i can go out and drive it some more!

it put down 613 whp 517tq then the timing was reduced by one degree out of timing to give it a safe room in case of some slightly bad gas somewhere. All runs are made on 93 octane pump gas. final run was 608whp and 514 TQ . I think those are solid numbers considering its still factory exhaust system except for roush axle backs (which got noticeably louder after s/c install btw!!) and pump gas on a 82mm pulley. sorry no video is available.

power mods are:
-VMP TVS gen 1
-82mm puley
-JLT big air intake
-ford racing 47# injectors
-VMP bap
-VMP dual fan heat exchanger
-roush axle backs
-factory 3.73 gears
-mt82
-custom dyno tune

here are a couple pics!

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 773
  • dyno 2.jpg
    dyno 2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 738
  • he.JPG
    he.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 712
  • vmp.JPG
    vmp.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 707
Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
I'm glad you are happy with the car. Thanks for giving me the chance to tune it, I bet it's a fun ride.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats! That's awesome!

But wait, your dyno graph must be wrong... Paxton owners say the TVS only make low end torque and don't make power up high! :poke:

SL0W5.0

Established Member
I'm glad you are happy with the car. Thanks for giving me the chance to tune it, I bet it's a fun ride.
yeah its lke going back to the day when i first got it! cant wait to just drive it around for no reason lol

Nice numbers, grats. Looks like Sai did a great job.

Why no e85?

he sure did, and i just dont like e85 because i dont know anything about it and dont want to limit myself to only stations that have e85. plus this is my daily driver.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Congrats! That's awesome!

But wait, your dyno graph must be wrong... Paxton owners say the TVS only make low end torque and don't make power up high! :poke:
Lol... Well paxton does make those #s on stock pulley. This one is 2 sizes smaller

Congrats op, I'm sure it feels great

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Great numbers for being stock exhaust essentially!

Is there a difference between the Roush and VMP TVS?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Is there a difference between the Roush and VMP TVS?

Gen I no, Gen II yes... The Gen II case is cast a little larger (kind of like a ported Gen I) & the elbow is cast with the case instead of bolted on. VMP offers upgrades like larger heat exchanger w/ dual fans (at an extra cost).

Users who are viewing this thread