VMP TVS and a lot more!

KidMoney

Established Member
So I bit the bullet and ordered a few parts. I got the TVS, ported elbow, AFCO dual pass, Ice box, 80# injectors, VMP tune, JLT catch can, and all my rear suspension parts. I'm really excited to get everything on this weekend and see what kind of power it makes! I'll keep everyone updated as I go.

20130130_211701.jpg

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So I bit the bullet and ordered a few parts. I got the TVS, ported elbow, AFCO dual pass, Ice box, 80# injectors, VMP tune, JLT catch can, and all my rear suspension parts. I'm really excited to get everything on this weekend and see what kind of power it makes! I'll keep everyone updated as I go.

20130130_211701.jpg

Great working with you. Thanks for your business. Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

KidMoney

Established Member
Congrats man! All great mods...hopefully I'll be getting my TVS in March. If you can get all that installed in one weekend you're my hero...

Ha ha, it better be done in one weekend. It's gonna be a team effort. I'm just waiting on the tune at this point.

nice mod list. if you dont mind a tip...be sure to put anti sieze on your control arms.

I'll take all the tips I can get. I like to learn from what others have already figured out.

KidMoney

Established Member
Great working with you. Thanks for your business. Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions.

Bj

I actually do have a 2 questions I was gonna call about tomorrow.

First, the elbow instructions said for 11-12 Shelby it was supposed to come with an EVAP extender? But I didn't see that.

Second, my stock blower has a Metco quick change setup and idler. Will my quck change and pulley work with the TVS?

Thanks for all your help and you were definitely what changed my mind on the 13 TVS.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I actually do have a 2 questions I was gonna call about tomorrow.

First, the elbow instructions said for 11-12 Shelby it was supposed to come with an EVAP extender? But I didn't see that.

Second, my stock blower has a Metco quick change setup and idler. Will my quck change and pulley work with the TVS?

Thanks for all your help and you were definitely what changed my mind on the 13 TVS.

You've got a PM sir.

Bj

KidMoney

Established Member
Awesome and congrats! Where and what does that cooling tank do?

Cooling tank replaces the stock plastic coolant tank. It allows you to run ice water over a cooler to keep your heat exchanger colder. And you just keep water in there when you are driving around.

Last edited:

KidMoney

Established Member
So I called VMP with my questions. They couldn't have been nicer. Great customer service. Even asked if I needed the EVAP expedited at no extra cost. I declined. They are a lot better than most I've dealt with lately.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
So I called VMP with my questions. They couldn't have been nicer. Great customer service. Even asked if I needed the EVAP expedited at no extra cost. I declined. They are a lot better than most I've dealt with lately.

Thanks again for your business and trust.

Bj

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
should be a fun weekend and even better monday morning!

take pictures.

crazy4life

Established Member
Cooling tank replaces the stock plastic coolant tank. It allows you to run ice water over a cooler to keep your heat exchanger colder. And you just keep water in there when you are driving around.

Might want to put some 50/50 water antifreeze in that tank for the winter.

KidMoney

Established Member
Wow. You weren't "kidding"were you? Always exciting to have new mods to install. You will be making some serious power now. A big CONGRATS!!!
I sure hope it makes some decent power! Now I just have to work on getting it to the ground.

should be a fun weekend and even better monday morning!

take pictures.
I will get some pictures of the process as much as I can. It's looking like the worst part will be the heat exchanger.

Might want to put some 50/50 water antifreeze in that tank for the winter.

Very good point!

Crushinator

Established Member
Congrats on the new mods! Just curious, how much did the 80# injectors run you and are they the stock length? I think this is going to be my next mod and I'll buy them from VMP but need to know exactly which set will work best for my setup. By looking at your mods, it looks like we're gonna have about the same things. My hope is that with injectors and a new tune, I'll get closer to the 700 rwhp number.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Congrats on the new mods! Just curious, how much did the 80# injectors run you and are they the stock length? I think this is going to be my next mod and I'll buy them from VMP but need to know exactly which set will work best for my setup. By looking at your mods, it looks like we're gonna have about the same things. My hope is that with injectors and a new tune, I'll get closer to the 700 rwhp number.

Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss your goals and we'll work together to exceed them!

Bj

KidMoney

Established Member

I bought them from a member on here and got a pretty good deal. A lot cheaper than the 72's. They are direct bolt in with the spacers that were also included. I'll get you the part number on that. A few people have complained about the 80's but I had a set in another car and didn't have any issues. I'll let you know how they do in this car as soon as it's together. Waiting on the tune and EVAP extention. Hopefully it'll be together by Monday. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread