VMP-TVS 2011 GT New Best!

BMR Tech

Had a very inconsistent weekend at NMRA-MIR. Between dialing in launch RPM, battling "too good" of weather, and fighting transmission issues....we were still able to get a NPB. Keep in mind, we do not attempt NPB times when we race, we aim for consistency. The NPB run, we added 2 degrees of timing to make up for the trans slipping, and, well, it didn't slip so we had to ride the brakes the last 150 feet.

When we get some good air again, we are going to rent the track and go get some "good" ET/MPH passes, hopefully with Justin Starkey by our side dialing her in.

I wanna thank Justin and the VMP Crew for being great to work with, as well as Jay Tucker from JLT. These guys have been there every second of the way, and I couldn't ask for better service and product!

This car is 3800lb
VMP 79mm Pulley
JLT Intake
Full BMR Suspension (LCA Middle Position / Strange F:Full Loose R: Full Stiff)
Kooks LT-X / Magnaflow CB
Circle D 3200
3.73 Gear
Weld RT-S / 275-60-15 Drag Radials

We are going to be sending the Trans/Converter to Circle-D soon.

First Slip: Deep Stage, this pass could/should have been a 10.2X if shallow
Second Slip: NPB Sixty - Trans was slipping really bad on this pass
Third Slip: Added 2-Degrees Timing to compensate for slipping trans, and it ran it's ass off.... Had to slam the brakes hard on this pass.
1043MIR.jpg

Due to the inconsistency of the slipping with the trans, I was thinking a trans-cooler may be good for these cars? I remember using nice big coolers on my 4R70's....but it seems as if no one is using them on these cars? Are they needed?

BMR Tech

Thanks for the input.

Billet Oil Pump Gears, ATI Damper, trans upgrades, more timing and higher shifts coming soon. Should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread