VMP TVS 2.3 blower going on in a couple weeks. what to expect?

GoneN60

Established Member
Just want to know what to expect with this blower. My tuner told me I should be around 600rwhp? I had a Garfield grin on my face when he told me that. I was really gonna go with the paxton because of the ease of drivability in the low end. He told me to just get a set of good drag radials and I should be fine.My buddy has a paxton kit on his and I love the way his car drives but wanted to be different. How would I stack up against my competitors C7s mildly modded 392s and bolt on camaro s etc.?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I'm sure you'll love it! What pulley? I'd recommend an 82mm & a CAI... Have your Brembo wheels widened to 10.5" & run the Mickey Thompson 305/35/19" DR...

GoneN60

Established Member
Thanks! I haven 10.5 vossens in the rear. I plan to go with the 82mm with the 72# injectors. How much power should I expect?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Somewhere around 600whp with a stick... What do you have for exhaust? Stock cats & headers?

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Just want to know what to expect with this blower. My tuner told me I should be around 600rwhp? I had a Garfield grin on my face when he told me that. I was really gonna go with the paxton because of the ease of drivability in the low end. He told me to just get a set of good drag radials and I should be fine.My buddy has a paxton kit on his and I love the way his car drives but wanted to be different. How would I stack up against my competitors C7s mildly modded 392s and bolt on camaro s etc.?
You will love it. Power everywhere and yes pretty much any tires will spin unless you have drag radials.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...90-My-VMP-GEN2-STG2-install-on-a-2014-GT-auto
My install link. I can tell you it is night and day from a factory ROUSH stage 3 no comparison. You will love the whine.
From what I have heard the factory exhaust is fine. Unless you want the sound. I personally like it not too loud keeps the sleeper image. Are you going to run E85? Is it a daily driver?
I never had a car with this much power and it is a daily driver so I did the stage 2 kit with CF CAI, cold plugs and 82 mm. If you want more boost you need to run E85 and/or go forged in your engine. You probably will have to order a larger coupler for the CAI you need a 5" x 3". Other poeple had the same problem. It is in the pictures in my link. Also 3.73,s might be too high they usually recommend 3.31's. But I have an auto so I am sure people with a manual will chime in.

Last edited:

GoneN60

Established Member
You have me really excited now..lol.. Its going to be a weekend street warrior. That much difference huh?? Wow!!! Yes im going to switch to a 3.31 gear eventually. What size drag radial should I go to? I wanna wanting the Toyo 315s maybe too big you think?

Zona14Stang

Established Member
You have me really excited now..lol.. Its going to be a weekend street warrior. That much difference huh?? Wow!!! Yes im going to switch to a 3.31 gear eventually. What size drag radial should I go to? I wanna wanting the Toyo 315s maybe too big you think?

I honestly have never been to the strip. cb900f has he would know better.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1030439-Couple-videos-from-the-track

Here is a link from him at the track.You will love the SC. To me it is crazy. Restraint has to be used when daily driving. I am sure there are faster cars out there but it is so fun. You will not get the smile off your face that is for sure.

SL0W5.0

Established Member
600-625 rwhp on our calibration, 93, sea level. 82mm=10psi.

Bj

really? on an otherwise stock car with stock exhaust system you see that much power with the 82mm on 93oct?
would the 47# injectors handle the 82mm with jlt intake?
im going to go give VMP a visit on monday if that is the case!

GoneN60

Established Member
600-625 rwhp on our calibration, 93, sea level. 82mm=10psi.

Bj

Wow thats great news to know I would be making that much power. My speed shop is ordering today. How long does it take to ship to Atlanta ga. 30331?

WHITEMACH

Established Member
I HAVE THE VMP STAGE 3 TVS WITH 79mm pulley and on the canned vmp tune only pulled 556 in the auto, GET A DYNO TUNE, WITH THAT i went to 625 ,changed to 75mm and went to 652. i would also NOT get the 72s ! get the id 1000s(same price)

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I recommend changing the rear and a good set of drag radials. First gear is basically over 7k before you realize it's time to shift

Last edited:

GoneN60

Established Member
Ok change of plans with the TVS. My speed shop found a better deal on the whipple 2.9. I think he is more excited about doing the install than I am. Since V MPs. Blowers are on backorder until December he can get the Whipple 2.9 here in about 2 weeks. Im getting the boost a pump and ID1000s also. I was pretty dead set on VMP because I've haven't heard any complaints plus I liked the idea u get the bigger heat exchanger. Do you think I will be happy with the whipple as well? What is the difference between the two other than VMPs better cooling? Will I still make the same power?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I would not go with a Whipple unless your looking to build a low to mid 9 sec race car. The Whipple is soft down low & only out shines a standard Roush above 15lbs of boost.

Lidio at Alternative Auto set up & tunes my car. He sells/installs Whipples & Roush blowers. He likes the Roush better. He runs 9's with a Roush at 3940lbs...

Go Roush or wait for the VMP gen II

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Ok change of plans with the TVS. My speed shop found a better deal on the whipple 2.9. I think he is more excited about doing the install than I am. Since V MPs. Blowers are on backorder until December he can get the Whipple 2.9 here in about 2 weeks. Im getting the boost a pump and ID1000s also. I was pretty dead set on VMP because I've haven't heard any complaints plus I liked the idea u get the bigger heat exchanger. Do you think I will be happy with the whipple as well? What is the difference between the two other than VMPs better cooling? Will I still make the same power?
Patience VMP GEN2 will be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread