Vmp tune

03cobrajc

Established Member
Tune done everything went good fuel held up strong all the way through. Just some belt slip in the end
Setup is 19.9psi, 16.5 degrees of timing, 626hp, 601tq

Started new thread to make things less confusing.

Last edited:

03cobrajc

Established Member
a7e4ejav.jpg

nudyne4u.jpg

yna6u8yg.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
nice numbers! what's up with him having vehicle speed in the bottom instead of rpm? That might change the numbers a tad iirc. I bet she was screamin tho!

03cobrajc

Established Member
I was thinking same thing when I was down the road and I looked at my print out. The belt slipping would change the numbers. I think he messed the page up when he showed me the smoothing factor difference. Not sure though

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Looks take care of that belt slip...and get that thing running at 100%...What part of Louisiana you in? I'm in Monroe area I have tvs @21psi I'm about to get it retuned for 22 degrees of timing.

03cobrajc

Established Member
Looks take care of that belt slip...and get that thing running at 100%...What part of Louisiana you in? I'm in Monroe area I have tvs @21psi I'm about to get it retuned for 22 degrees of timing.

I'm in Raceland-Lockport are close to houma. yes I ordered a belt yesterday lol. as long as it slips at 6300 i'll just shift before lol.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
If you have belt slip then it's not a short enough belt. Your new belt should NOT be easy to install.

03cobrajc

Established Member
vmp inlet, lightning force tb

what belt you all suggest. i currently have 81_5/8

Tim u suggest 81_1/2, I called napa yesterday they had an 81_3/8 in stock.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
There's no need to fight a belt....get the adj whipple tensioner and quit sweating the belt fitment and sizing issue

Good numbers OP

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I'm in Raceland-Lockport are close to houma. yes I ordered a belt yesterday lol. as long as it slips at 6300 i'll just shift before lol.

That'll work too haha....You deep down south, if ever up this way you have to give a shout out. :beer:

03cobrajc

Established Member
lol funny story, the box from the belt I have on the car must have the wrong measurements on it. I went to napa and bought an 81-3/8, went i go home took belt off car it ended up being 81-1/4. so the one on car was actually smaller than one I bought lol.

napa is getting me an 80-1/8 today, which i think will be too small but I'll give it a try. the closes 80-3/4 was in tampa florida. i believe that is what i will need.

but I put old belt back on and no squeak lol...

03cobrajc

Established Member
to be honest Tim, i have so many napa green belts that the belt on the car was probably in the wrong box to begin with on my part. lol:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread