VMP tune?

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
I have the basic bolt on stuff on my 12. Ported Trinity with 2.39 pulley, Billet idler, twin 67 throttle body, off road pipe, VMP boost a pump, JLT big cold air, 2014 injectors. Very common stuff. Anybody have a really good canned tune for this? I'm sure this combo has been done a hundred plus times if not a thousand. Just looking for some input. Thanks.

jdt1970

Established Member
I can't say enough good things about VMP. I just got back from their shop a few hours ago. They put on LT headers and updated the tune. Flawless. Call and talk with Chris Diaz 321-206-9369 x 120. He will be able to tell you if they can do it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Many of your components require custom input for different parameters, so a canned tune is out of the question. The JLT and injectors, primarily, require custom inputs. I've been a tuning customer of Justin's (VMP) for at least 13 years. There's a reason I keep going back.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Many of your components require custom input for different parameters, so a canned tune is out of the question. The JLT and injectors, primarily, require custom inputs. I've been a tuning customer of Justin's (VMP) for at least 13 years. There's a reason I keep going back.
Catmonkey do you do custom email tunes with personal datalog feedback, or do remote tuning at a local dyno?

Kenneth

Established Member
VMP Email tune with data log feedback.
Been running that on my car for nearly 6 years now.
684 whp 711 torque

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
VMP FTW!!!
Justin tuned my gen2R, start up tune and then I did the whole data logging process on street. 2 tune files later she was perfect!
Can't say enough great things about them. They go above and beyond!

MastaAce03

Established Member
VMP will tune for an off road mid pipe. Just won't turn off the o2 sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VNMOUS1

Established Member
VMP will tune for an off road mid pipe. Just won't turn off the o2 sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. We don't care if you run an off-road pipe or not, that's completely up to you. But as you said, we do not disable any federally mandated emissions control components. It is a felony to do so.

OP, we're happy to assist you. You can order online or you're welcome to speak with any of our talented and good looking tech staff to assist you with your order. (321) 206-9369

As for "dialing it in".......

Our calibrations are built one at a time, specifically for your vehicle/mods/fuel/use/environment. Because we've done thousands over the years, we have the ability to build a file that is closer to perfect than even Ford's "margin" calls for and do so with no datalogging at all for most cars, even with mild mods. More involved mods may require datalogging and going back and forth a couple of times with you.

Whether or not you wish to use a dyno facility is up to you. We would want an idle/slow rev log that you can do in your driveway in neutral. The wide open throttle portion of it is where it's up to you. If you can safely (without endangering yourself or others) give us a 2000-6000 rpm wide open throttle pull in Mexico or somewhere, great. If you don't feel confident in that, go to a dyno. Don't confuse someone with a dyno with someone that is able to successfully calibrate your car. Some can. Many can't.

bj

slowbra1

Established Member
I highly recommend VMP bought my car new been running a VMP tune for over 5 years, anytime I've needed support they have always been top notch, seriously BJ could write a book on customer service he has always exceeded any expectation I've ever had.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Sold! I will be calling soon. I am not happy at all with my current tune and I will leave it at that.

Dinosgt

Established Member
Exactly. We don't care if you run an off-road pipe or not, that's completely up to you. But as you said, we do not disable any federally mandated emissions control components. It is a felony to do so.

OP, we're happy to assist you. You can order online or you're welcome to speak with any of our talented and good looking tech staff to assist you with your order. (321) 206-9369

As for "dialing it in".......

Our calibrations are built one at a time, specifically for your vehicle/mods/fuel/use/environment. Because we've done thousands over the years, we have the ability to build a file that is closer to perfect than even Ford's "margin" calls for and do so with no datalogging at all for most cars, even with mild mods. More involved mods may require datalogging and going back and forth a couple of times with you.

Whether or not you wish to use a dyno facility is up to you. We would want an idle/slow rev log that you can do in your driveway in neutral. The wide open throttle portion of it is where it's up to you. If you can safely (without endangering yourself or others) give us a 2000-6000 rpm wide open throttle pull in Mexico or somewhere, great. If you don't feel confident in that, go to a dyno. Don't confuse someone with a dyno with someone that is able to successfully calibrate your car. Some can. Many can't.

bj

Bj - speaking of the dyno vs Mexico pull, does it matter whether it's a third or fourth gear pull?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Gear won't matter, but winding out 4th gear will be some serious speed if you're bringing it to redline.

Users who are viewing this thread