VMP Tune - Lethal O/R H pipe

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
hmm not sure if i can help you out here
but when I went catless on my terminator I lost some low end torque and it did not pull as hard either...

I will be getting the MRT o/r h pipe soon and have only heard good things..

check with for some data logging and a re tune.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Did you talk with VMP about this first? I would think they should be able to help you out.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Installed the Lethal H-pipe I ordered from Justin @ VMP last weekend. I finally got around to downloading the updated to from VMP to compliment the new exhaust piece.

Long story short... I am not a fan of the sound of my setup, to loud and raspy. O/R H-pipe and custom super short flows at the rear. Sounded good w/cats, but not now.

Other than that with the new tune it just feels like a different car and may be not in a good way. Before the car would easily set it sideways in second, no matter what rpm. Now after the H-pipe and tune it doesnt. And it doesnt seem to pull as hard.

I plan on driving the car some more tomorrow to see where the afr is and boost. Should I loose power?

Mods just in case it helps:
-2.59 vmp pulley & idler
-vmp 113 intake
-TR6 plugs at .032"
-Afco w/fans
-Tstat
-O/R Lethal Hpipe
-Custom axle back

Thanks

No, but there are too many possible factors at play (primarily heat).

If you went from a stock to non catted system, you'll pick up a few hp and lose a little torque with an identical calibration.

Was your tune just to turn off the rear O2's or was it completely new for you.

I'm around today if you want to call my cell.

Bj

98expo

Established Member
BJ, I had bought the SCT second hand with a vmp tune in it. It was for the identical setup I had before the hpipe.

I had to pay for a new customer tune thru Justin. I filled out all the info and submitted to him. He mentioned it would be worth a completely new tune. But I'm not sure what had all changed besides the rear o2s.

Thank you
Jeremy Smith

98expo

Established Member
No, but there are too many possible factors at play (primarily heat).

If you went from a stock to non catted system, you'll pick up a few hp and lose a little torque with an identical calibration.

Was your tune just to turn off the rear O2's or was it completely new for you.

I'm around today if you want to call my cell.

Bj

Bj, I called the number you have listed, but no answer. If you are up to talk about this please give me a ring 812-343-6085.

Thank you
Jeremy

okiesnake

Established Member
My car wouldn't break traction after jba h pipe install as well. Put stock back on and the 2011 pulls a lot harder. I have the basic set up like you with vmp tune.

devilish64

Established Member
I felt the same way when I put the lethal h pipe on with my bassani axle back. for sure felt slower with it on. Noticed significantly less wheel spin in second gear. Was gonna weld dynomax resonaters in the H or over axle portion to quiet it down..... I decided you can't polish a turd and put the stock pipe back on. The car now actually sounds like it is a supercharged vehicle again instead of just like NOISE. WAAAAAY BETER!

98expo

Established Member
I felt the same way when I put the lethal h pipe on with my bassani axle back. for sure felt slower with it on. Noticed significantly less wheel spin in second gear. Was gonna weld dynomax resonaters in the H or over axle portion to quiet it down..... I decided you can't polish a turd and put the stock pipe back on. The car now actually sounds like it is a supercharged vehicle again instead of just like NOISE. WAAAAAY BETER!

Well great. Does the trq drop off that much or what? I'm thinking the same. Does anyone have dyno sheets of before and after? I thought it should pick up some more power not drop off.

Sequim Snake

Established Member
I just installed the lethal o/r x pipe with a vmp tune. Didn't feel a difference in power, but ill have a before and after tune from the same dyno next Wednesday. Ill post up when I get them. I did feel a lot of difference between the two prior to finding a minor exhaust leak....

98expo

Established Member
I just installed the lethal o/r x pipe with a vmp tune. Didn't feel a difference in power, but ill have a before and after tune from the same dyno next Wednesday. Ill post up when I get them. I did feel a lot of difference between the two prior to finding a minor exhaust leak....

Hmm. That would be nice to see. Where was the leak? Was it something you heard and pin pointed?

98expo

Established Member
Besides these PID's what else should I log to send into VMP?

ECU1:ACTUAL_VOLTAGE_AT_FUEL_PUMP
ECU1:BATTERY_VOLTAGE
ECU1:coolant_temp
ECU1:DOWNSTREAM_AIR_TEMP
ECU1:ENGINE_SPEED
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_DUTY_CYCLE
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_FLOW_RATE
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_VOLTAGE_FROM_TABLE
ECU1:IDLE_AIR_INTEGRATOR
ECU1:load
ECU1:long_term_fuel_trim_bank_1
ECU1:long_term_fuel_trim_bank_2
ECU1:MAF_VOLTS
ECU1:eek:2_voltage_bank1_front_sensor
ECU1:eek:2_voltage_bank2_front_sensor
ECU1:pRESSURE_DROP_ACROSS_FUEL_INJECTORS
ECU1:short_term_fuel_trim_bank_1
ECU1:short_term_fuel_trim_bank_2
ECU1:SPARK

okiesnake

Established Member
With the stock pipe my car breaks them in 3rd but with the off road it is lucky to get second . When I get a new h pipe I will do a before and after dyno

98expo

Established Member
With the stock pipe my car breaks them in 3rd but with the off road it is lucky to get second . When I get a new h pipe I will do a before and after dyno

Is this normal? At this point this modification isn't cost effective for me. $250 for pipe, $200 for a new tune, and $500 for a new compressor cause mine break during the install. And aside from the fact that it sounds awful, it seems that it has lost some power?

I data logged a quick 3rd gear pull. I couldnt get a hold of BJ today so I will email them both to see if they see anything.

Is there a way to attach the log file on SVTP? Maybe someone else can compare to theirs and see if anything is amiss.

Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Is this normal? At this point this modification isn't cost effective for me. $250 for pipe, $200 for a new tune, and $500 for a new compressor cause mine break during the install. And aside from the fact that it sounds awful, it seems that it has lost some power?

I data logged a quick 3rd gear pull. I couldnt get a hold of BJ today so I will email them both to see if they see anything.

Is there a way to attach the log file on SVTP? Maybe someone else can compare to theirs and see if anything is amiss.

Thanks

I didn't get a call on my cell all day. The office isn't open on the weekends. My cell (from cell only) is **bjvmp.

So, your car felt fine with our tune until you added the pipe or did you add pipe and tune at the same?

We have hundreds of that calibration on cars all over the world. So, unless there was corrupt data (happens, but rarely) the tune is tried and true.

As for off road vs stock, you WILL lose torque but dramatically so. You'll gain a little power as well.

Give me a call at the office tomorrow and we'll get you a proper datalog configuration.

Bj

Sequim Snake

Established Member
Hmm. That would be nice to see. Where was the leak? Was it something you heard and pin pointed?

The leak was on the drivers side on the connector that goes to the exhaust manifold. I thought I heard one on the test drive, and put it back on jack stands and put my hand around the connector while at idle. You could feel the exhaust coming out. Re aligned and tightened. End of problem. Ill post the before and after as soon as I can :)

Users who are viewing this thread