VMP Supercharger

CanuckSnake

Established Member
You should try doing a search. Few guys on here are running them. Looks like they make good torque. I've been beating myself up pretty good trying to decide between this or a Whipple 2.9 for this winter:shrug:

Last edited:

MYSTCHRM

Established Member
I've done some searching and there are threads. I'm looking to hear from those that have them installed and get some feedback on their experiences. I have always been thinking Whipple, but now second guessing it in favor of the VMP.

canadianbullitt

Established Member
You should try doing a search. Few guys on here are running them. Looks like they make good torque. I've been beating myself up pretty good trying to decide between this or a Whipple 2.9 for this winter:shrug:

Where in AB are you located? I have a 2.9 if you ever wanted to check it out.

TRBO VNM

Those that have them installed have posted up. Are you not finding these threads in your search?

There is an active one right now in the terminator talk section.

Senkak
Wicked46
timspony
Badass03cobra
Hurtnem

And I know there are three others that I don't recall their correct username. I think the one that just posted up is r103???

I am finishing an install on one now for a forum member and hope I can get Lund to tune it within the next couple of weeks.

stangposse

Established Member
Check with Jay, "Blwn04SVTcobra" He's had many blowers on his car.... he loves the VMP TVS.

bad93svt

Established Member
If you have any specific questions. I have one on my car. Most #'s were achieved using my car.

Jeff

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Haven't seen much talk about this new supercharger. Could this one be better than a KB or Whipple? Either way, nice to see their are companies still recognizing that Cobra owners, despite our cars being 8/9 years old, are still looking and willing to buy power adders after all these years.

VMP Superchargers Breaths New Life Into Terminator Mustangs - StangTV

Any thoughts?

Hello 809,
My car has bee used for the test mule for the TVS since development started in 2008.
We officially released them late last year and the response has been great.
As others have said there are a lot of threads on here discussing results and happy customers.

The best my car has made is 699/667 at 22lbs on race gas.
Do a search on my screen name and you will find a lot of info.

VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger Upgrade for 2003-2004 Cobra Mustang

We currently have a Group buy going on.
The price is $3250 which includes the blower with Monster inlet standard, your choice of elbow to fit the stock/BBK TB, Accufab/LFP/Billet Flow TB, Dragon TB and interchangeable pulley system with your choice of pulley.
We will have an elbow to fit the GT500 TB soon.
Please contact me if you have any questions.

rick699.jpg

MIR2012Launch.jpg

r103

Established Member
I have one! I love it. HP & TQ with TVS. Look up my thread 606HP Eaton. I need to change it to TVS Eaton in the tittle of the thread.

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
Does anyone know the actual weight difference between the TVS and a Whipple. I heard it was almost 30lbs lighter. Is it really that much?

Carl

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I think you have to look at it as a price vs power potential discussion... The price of the TVS 2.3 is so much less expensive that a 2.9 whipple, and if you aren't going to push a lot of boost through the larger blower, and push your car beyond the capabilities of the TVS blower, I would definitely go with the TVS.

It's performance seems to be on par with the 2.3L Whipple for all intents and purposes, and it is still less expensive new than even the 2.3L Whipple. Had the TVS been ready earlier, I would have definitely picked one up. I really won't be pushing my power levels much further than what I'm at now (numbers in the sig are before LTs, and Meth), so the TVS would have been plenty of blower for me, just as the 2.3L Whipple will be.

Users who are viewing this thread