VMP hpx 5000 Maf issues while tuning

mystickb1996

Established Member
Over the weekend i got my new return fuel system installed on my 96 cobra with aluminator and t trim (magnaflow 750, -10 feed,-8 return, fore f2i, 80s) im tuning with PRP and had my pump 93 tune dialed in with 60s prior. so i loaded 80s in that tune added fuel as im running e85 now in this new setup. the car started and idled great. regular driving if perfect and has no issues after going through the tune a little more. so i started to do some wot pulls to see where i was A/F wise. when doing a pull everything is fine and my maf counts are at say 320 when i hit it, from there the counts rise as they should then come to 796 and dont move. The car keeps revving until 5500 rpm or so then falls on its face and runs out of gas. So looking at the maf counts it literally just stops counting hence it can only get so far at with 796 is commanded to fuel. Does anyone know what is causing this? my maf was on the car prior to this fuel system so only thing i did was load the 80s in the tune and add fuel for e85. what makes the MAF stop counting so low? also i made sure that all my values in the MAF transfer function are in progressive order.
thanks for any help

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Turbo cars will tend to flat line up top, but centri cars should not, unless they develop a boost leak in one of the charge pipe connections, and even that that has to be in the right place.

Don 95Vert

Established Member
Depending on power you may be hitting an airflow limit. Scale the tune by 0.65 and try again.

Don LaSota

mystickb1996

Established Member
My current power is probably around 630-650. I didn't touch timing at all from the pump gas+ meth tune yet. Current timing is 19.5* up top. The maf is in a 3in pipe.
Here's a video of the aeroforce
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQrFAx5rV
Loooking it over again it's hitting 796 below 4k which also seems weird. Justin from vmp has contacted me and feels it's the sensor, and has offered to swap it out which I really appreciate

Users who are viewing this thread