VMP Gen II - No pulley bolts???

Doc Vegas

Established Member
Guys: I am about 2/3rd of the way though my VMP Gen II install. But, I have no bolts to put the pulley on the blower :fm:. I assume the kit usually comes with bolts??? Is there something I am missing here? I tore the box to pieces and cannot find any bolts for the pulley. I need to get to the hardware store quick, anyone know the bolt sizes?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Guys: I am about 2/3rd of the way though my VMP Gen II install. But, I have no bolts to put the pulley on the blower :fm:. I assume the kit usually comes with bolts??? Is there something I am missing here? I tore the box to pieces and cannot find any bolts for the pulley. I need to get to the hardware store quick, anyone know the bolt sizes?

Did you contact anyone here at VMP Friday? I see you emailed me late tonight. I'll assume you got a bolt on pulley, inside the blower box, correct?

I just looked at your order. You should have received:

A bolt on (multiple holes) pulley.
The pulley bolts in a small sealed package.
A small hardware kit with two bolts, two black spacers, a longer hex bolt and an installation sheet.

The person that approved the pricing that you received is your first line of communication and the person that can remedy it for you. We''ll make sure it's corrected. I'm not sure what better answers the forum members will offer now that you've asked, but I'll make sure and monitor this thread for alternatives.

bj

Last edited:

Doc Vegas

Established Member
BJ: Thanks, but I did not email anyone Friday because we discovered this only today (Sunday) during the install. I realize we should have checked sooner, but just assumed the parts needed were inside the box. Yes, there was one bag, with two spacers, three bolts, and a small tube of lock-tite. That's it, no pulley bolts anywhere. We turned the box and packaging inside out.

My reason for posting on here was to ask if someone had the thread pitch and size so we could try to get them from a local hardware store. I had a friend helping and we wanted to get it finished today (Sunday) so I did not expect I would be able to call VMP service on Sunday evening (pacific time).

Appreciate the quick response, will figure it out by email from here.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I wouldn't buy any important bolts from a hardware store, you don't know who the manufacturer is or the actual strength of the bolt. There are a bunch of counterfeit bolts being sold and you can't always go by the markings on the heads to confirm the grade.
Now that BJ is aware of the problem, I am sure he will get you squared away with the proper hardware.
Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread