VMP dual fan HE help

Vert

Established Member
I am finishing up my install, but I am a little confused on the HE hoses. Instructions states to connect the long straight hose to the pump outlet, across the frame rail to the top of the HE angled inlet. Only long straight hose I have is 14". The only place it will connect to is the lower HE port on the drivers side, the upper is on the pass side. Does anyone have a picture of their 5.0 HE or a comment.

Last edited:

mbreaux05

Established Member
Just finished my install today! Had to read the instructions like 8 times to figure it out (plus help from Sam!) .

Bottom of pump goes to bottom of new degas bottle. Side of pump goes to afco top port. Bottom afco port does to lower intake manifold port. Side of new degas goes to top of intake manifold. Stock one hooks up like normal (with the addition of a new hose)

Vert

Established Member
That's my problem, the hose is only 13" long that goes from the pump outlet to the top of the HE and as I mentioned the top port of the HE is on the pass side. I am calling them today.
Side of pump goes to afco top port.

Vert

Established Member
Lol guess I wasn't the only scratching there head on that part of the install
Same here, lol. For those that might have the same question, my set up was correct. It was due to the new 3 core HE.

rmurer

Established Member
I had the same questions when scanning the install guide. What I was told (for any future reference) in the new 3 core, the outlet of the pump doesn't go across the top it just feeds into the bottom port of the HE and the outlet of the HE at the top goes to the engine bay. I assume thats what they told you?

I know they are going to be making changes to the manual since this seems to be asked a lot.

rmurer

Established Member
my crude example made in MSPaint :] but you get the idea and this is what i was told by vmp.

Attachments

• HE.png
    HE.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 118

Vert

Established Member
Yes they told me the same. It threw me for a loop until I talked to them. Started thinking I had the wrong HE, but now its all good and I need to do a datalog.
my crude example made in MSPaint :] but you get the idea and this is what i was told by vmp.

Users who are viewing this thread