VMP after sales customer services? Questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

faststang14

Established Member
I wanna make clear Im not complaining for VMP quality.
But i need to advice SVTP of their after sales customer support. I recently order a pulley/idler set from them. services was great shipment was fast until i realized i had order the wrong stuff for my application(my bad) after speaking with Chris he sent me the right stuff, I paid again. He advised me to send the stuff back. they would refund me. I send it 2 weeks later no response i call and to my surprise i was told the idler was scratched and banged. Which i only just moved from the package they send it in to the one i sent back to them. So they wouldn't refund me. So that leads to 2 things either some how got damaged in transit or VMP shipped it damaged. Either way its hard for neither party to prove it was their fault. And its understandable. It hard for them to believe and its hard for me to understand how they got to received a banged up idler when just 2 weeks before rested in perfect condition in its package. But no effort was done by them to partially refund the money, offer some sort of credit to their store in any way.

To conclude I'm sure they are doing a good thing out there. But in the world we stand today as competitive as it is a small effort to help would go a long way instead of just calling it a due. I advice everyone not only to VMP but for any other returns you do, document everything. Take pictures and if possible spend the extra $ and get insurance, unlike me.

Any one wants to buy a 100mm "damaged" idler?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hi, there is no Chris here. Regardless, I am familiar with your issues. Despite our website's explicit instructions, you ordered the wrong parts and attempted to install them, causing severe cosmetic damage to them. The parts are not in a re-saleable condition. Normally we would not take these parts back at all, but because you had ordered the correct parts from us we gave you a partial refund.

The upper left is the 2.5 tvs pulley, severely scratched on the back and the front as well. Most likely from improper removal and poor packaging on return.

The picture on the upper right shows what happens when you try to remove a stock pulley without the proper tools.

The idler held at an angle on the bottom shows the scratches in the hard coat annodize, most likely from attempting to install it and possibly from improper packaging too.

I did not see how your parts were packaged when returned, but most likely this contributed to the damage.

I am sorry we did not get back to you sooner, this was a unique situation and we were not sure how to handle it.

2nd2none

Established Member
I'd imagine nicks in the idler could cause belt damage and that blower pulley looks like crap. I know I would be pretty mad if I ordered a new pulley and they sent me that one. That would be why I don't blame VMP for not usually giving a refund on those.

Imatk

Established Member
Why did you post a picture of a broken pulley when it doesn't have anything to do with this guy's pulley?

faststang14

Established Member
I did use an specific tool for the removal and none of the parts were installed or tried to be installed (its physically impossible to even try a tvs pulley on a stock blower) although I don't blame you for my wrong order or in this specific case my situation. Just advising others to properly follow precautions when shipping items back to prevent confusions or scams. Like i said while you were selling the items. Your company was superve !

Ps: that picture its not related to this post. Just a sale pitch for pulley tools.

iwannacobra5

Established Member
I did use an specific tool for the removal and none of the parts were installed or tried to be installed (its physically impossible to even try a tvs pulley on a stock blower) although I don't blame you for my wrong order or in this specific case my situation. Just advising others to properly follow precautions when shipping items back to prevent confusions or scams. Like i said while you were selling the items. Your company was superve !

Ps: that picture its not related to this post. Just a sale pitch for pulley tools.

Why would you even remove your pulley as stated above if you already knew it would be impossible to install on your blower? That would have to be some VERY bad packing to cause those scratches in that pulley (I guess the one on the left is yours...I'm confused lol). Did you throw some loose gravel in the box?

Ive never had to return anything to VMP so I can't speak for their return policies, but their customer service has been above and beyond for me....even long after the sale. The owner of the company is responding to you so that tells you a lot about their customer service. Give them a chance. They have an excellent reputation for a reason. Good luck with the pulley install. I know you'll be happy in the end.

faststang14

Established Member
tu5upu4e.jpg
2a6ajyhy.jpg

These are the damages just for everyones reference.

GT500Steve

Under Pressure
Established Member
I have had nothing but POSITIVE experiences with VMP "after-the-sale" customer service. I had a couple of small issues, and they went above and beyond what I expected as a customer. I always recommend them to people... not only because they have great products, but because they took care of me after I made the purchase.

If the parts looked new when you got them, and they looked like what was pictured when returned to VMP, then I can see them denying full credit on the parts... I would have to. I work in the automotive retail parts industry and I deal with it all the time. So, since it would appear that the damages could have only happened during shipping back to VMP, I don't see how one could consider it "questionable" customer service. Just my .02....

mullens

Established Member
Sorry for your mishap, but i agree with Justin. Since there is no way to prove either account, you must go by the evidence. VMP has sold a bizzilion of these things so I'm sure they know the difference between a botched install and manufacturer defect. They gave you a partial refund, which they did not have to do. They also have a reputation to protect, so why would they risk it for a few hundred dollars if they weren't 100% sure they were right? Doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread