Visible oil on top of valve / smoke on startup

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Ok. I finally found some more time to get some work done on the Cobra with getting the new blower on, transmission/ clutch reinstalled, Longtubes and some cosmetic stuff. Since rebuilding my motor from pan up with all new everything, I’ve always had some slight blue smoke but only on startup. This weekend i final got the ported Eaton off and lower intake i wanted to do some investigating to see if i could see anything in the intake ports and sure enough in port #4 ( pass side back by firewall) i could see a small puddle off oil on top of the valve . I’m assuming valve guide seal and that’s the reason for quick puff of blue smoke on startup. From everything I’ve read on here and elsewhere this is not “normal “ per say , but it’s common on these engines , even the2V too. I really would like to just finish the work on the car and just drive and enjoy it for once instead of working on it even though that’s part of the fun for me owning it , i do like wrenching on it a lot . But I’d really like to not have to yank the motor to fix this one valve guide seal and just let it go and say the hell with it and just finish up the rest of my winter list on it and run it in spring.

What would you guys do?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread