Virus Here On this Site ?

Admin

Jack of all trades
Administrator
It's almost certainly not from this site.

It's likely that it came from one of the ads being displayed.

does anyone have info regarding the ads that were displayed at the time of the "virus" warning. as the screen shot shows in the first post... the virus came from zeldanew.info and not this site. which leads me to believe it came through one of the ad networks on here. probably ADSDAQ

Predatorbird

Established Member
I just got the virus on my computer again tonight. I think I caught it early enough and got rid of it. I'm posting now from my g/f's mac.

I was in the Pics N Video section and a Java pop up came on my screen. I immediately closed the site and ran my spyware program. About 2 minutes into it a fake anti-virus program showed up on my taskbar and started scanning my computer. This is the same thing that happened the first time as well.

I hope the admins can look into this and figure it out. I don't want to visit the site on my PC unless I know it's safe.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
My Kaspersky went crazy earlier tonight on here as well. It just randomly started opening up the same thread in new browsers.

It opened up like 30 different browser tabs of the same thread. I did a quick "sweep" and everything went back to normal.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
buy a mac lol

stevejobss.jpg
beavisy.jpg

2003_svtcobra

Established Member
I just got the virus on my computer again tonight. I think I caught it early enough and got rid of it. I'm posting now from my g/f's mac.

I was in the Pics N Video section and a Java pop up came on my screen. I immediately closed the site and ran my spyware program. About 2 minutes into it a fake anti-virus program showed up on my taskbar and started scanning my computer. This is the same thing that happened the first time as well.

I hope the admins can look into this and figure it out. I don't want to visit the site on my PC unless I know it's safe.

same here!!!!

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
happend to me 3 times im going to log off for awhile maybe the svtp admins can send an email when this is fixed. Summer semester in school....cant be without a computer!

Users who are viewing this thread