Virginia

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
+1 I have grandparents in FL and actually my sister is now living at their residence so ill be registering it down there come inspection time in NOV

Good luck with that. Most of the counties there conduct sweeps, and if you are stopped you will be gettig a ticket and it won't be pleasent. NOVA has not taken kindly to inspection, and tax evaders for quite some time

Blown38

Established Member
thanks. do you know the times they start and end.i heard there was a test and tune on sunday in MD. anyone going too.

Every nice saturday there is a cruise in at the burger king on 28 in manassas. When we go we usually show up about 4pm. Not too far from you.

I was thinking of heading out to MIR for the test and tune sunday, but caught a cold, and I think its gonna rain anyway. There is a T&T on wednesday too that we might try and make to test the new setup on the marauder.

There is an all ford race at MAson Dixon dragway next sunday. I will be there with about 20 other t birds for our summer meet.

the guy told me if i couldn't fix it that i could pull the airbag out and everything else to do with the airbag(light) and i would be good to go.

Thats interesting. If you pull the bulb the air bag module may beep at you so then you have to disconnect that.

jojomofo21

Twin Screw Yourself
Established Member
If you are married and your wife is NOT a member of the military you have to register your vehicle in VA if she is on the title.

Also your car still has to pass VA state vehicle inspection. Here's a link:

Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Here is a better explination:

Effective Safety Inspection Certificates - Vehicles registered in states having safety inspection laws must display current safety inspection stickers, either from the state of registration or Virginia. Owners with vehicles registered in states not having mandatory safety inspection requirements must present evidence of having been inspected by an authorized Virginia State Inspection Agent. Safety inspections in Virginia are required annually and cost around $10.

No wife and safety is different tan emissions.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
No wife and safety is different tan emissions.
VA state inspection INCLUDES (or did) a visual inspection for cats as well as a test of the exhaust for leaks so your exhaust is supposed to be checked as part of the safety.

Don't believe you resurrected a dead thread to make an irrelevant and incorrect point

Last edited:

jfitts23

Established Member
well my notch has been in the shop longer then i have driven it. and my gt500 was totalled. all this happen since i started this thread.lol. oh and blown38 thats a nice thunderbird. hopefully when my notch is done i can hit up some events.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
First time I've seen this thread but we've already talked. Still no notch???

jfitts23

Established Member
nope. alot closer then it was though. waiting on some parts to come in now. I'm learning from this experience.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
haha yeah i bet unfortunately. what all is the notch getting done?

jfitts23

Established Member
i brought them my 4cyl auto notch and a wrecked 95gt 5 speed. and told them to combine them. i think this shop is understaffed and mismanaged, but thats just my opinion.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
well hopefully it comes out like you are hoping. sounds like it should be pretty nice

jfitts23

Established Member
hopefully. haven't driven a stang in awhile. it looks rough though need to get it painted. and find a new shop for my future upgrades.

jfitts23

Established Member
yep thats it. wish i could have bought it back and put that engine and trans in my notch.

jfitts23

Established Member
lost control one late night. i think they could get 10-15k for it. you out of kansas yet?

Users who are viewing this thread