Virginia Beach mass shooting, at least 11 dead

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The MSM tonight keyed in on the fact that at least one of his weapons had a suppressor and while these are legal, they must be federally registered. They went on to say that there's been a huge increase in suppressor sales lately. That and they reported "extended magazines or clips" and they showed a couple of double stack handgun magazines.

Next they had their "expert" analyze the need for suppressors and the "expert" cited the danger of suppressors being that you can't tell how far away a shooter is, so you don't know if yer in danger or not.
Sounds like liberal faggotry...

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Sounds like liberal faggotry...
giphy.gif

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
People want to blame something and find a means to fix everything. You just can't fix crazy and short of seeing the future you can't stop crazy from happening.

CV355

_
Established Member
Next they had their "expert" analyze the need for suppressors and the "expert" cited the danger of suppressors being that you can't tell how far away a shooter is, so you don't know if yer in danger or not.

Liberal foolishness. It takes some brains to make a suppressed firearm truly silent and still functional.

The effort that it takes to get CIII goodies is one of the reasons why we don't see more people using legally-obtained CIII for mass shootings. It takes far less effort to manufacture a Lightning Link for an AR15, or some simple machining operations to make a Glock 17 F/A, and yet we don't see that either. If people wanted to do these things, they could. So, why don't they?

What happens when you get angry? You cool down eventually, right? Some dirtbag cut you off, you slam the brakes, give him the finger, a few minutes later you (usually) calm down and go about your business. People that go out and commit mass murders don't operate the same way. Granted, every situation is different and I'm by no means a psychologist or criminal profiler. But, in many of these cases, something traumatic caused them to snap, they grabbed what was available and off they went. The ones that sit down and plan, and carry that determination, are the truly scary ones. They're the statistical outliers of outliers. Think about how many potential mass-murders didn't happen because the potential killer had time to "cool down." We'll never know, but I'm certain it's way more than most people think.

CIII is no joke. Any firearm can be suppressed to an extent, but we're still talking 130dB+ for the most part, which is still very loud and recognizable. The armchair-commando crowd foams at the mouth saying "hand loading!!! You can reduce the charge down so the bullet is traveling at less than the speed of sound!!" While true, this isn't ideal for most cartridges. Every cartridge was developed with a purpose in mind. In many cases, scaling the powder charge down to achieve "subsonic" velocity may not even get the bullet out of the barrel. Chop the barrel, and you still risk squibs and tumblers. If the firearm wasn't designed to operate at lower pressure, or any return ports/gas blocks adjusted, it may not even cycle. So, then we look at pistol carbines, since fat and slow pistol cartridges are more effective to suppress than most rifle cartridges. Even with those, you still run into tuning for cycling, first round pop, etc. With suppressed pistols, most require a booster or Nielsen device to cycle. Know what they're great for? Not hearing "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for the rest of your life when you fire off your home-defense firearm in your bedroom when some degenerate busts through your window at 2AM.

My point is, statistically, out of the general population, only a small percentage will commit murder.
Of those, a small percentage will use a firearm.
Of those, an even smaller percentage will have the desire/mental defect to commit mass murder.
And of those, the likelihood of them being educated on CIII, owning CIII, etc is astronomically low.​

If "He whose picture shall not be shown by the MSM" indeed had a suppressor, I'm extremely surprised it isn't the hottest thing on the news right now. The dangerous, slightly-educated Liberals would LOVE to shut down all NFA/CIII ownership. Most don't even know the process.

Another "food for thought" rhetorical question: Why isn't every military-issued firearm equipped with a suppressor? They're not hard to manufacture, and at that volume they could likely be made for ~$30-$40 each, if not less.
A: They're not useful in all situations, and most calibers can't effectively be suppressed.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Liberal foolishness. It takes some brains to make a suppressed firearm truly silent and still functional.

The effort that it takes to get CIII goodies is one of the reasons why we don't see more people using legally-obtained CIII for mass shootings. It takes far less effort to manufacture a Lightning Link for an AR15, or some simple machining operations to make a Glock 17 F/A, and yet we don't see that either. If people wanted to do these things, they could. So, why don't they?

What happens when you get angry? You cool down eventually, right? Some dirtbag cut you off, you slam the brakes, give him the finger, a few minutes later you (usually) calm down and go about your business. People that go out and commit mass murders don't operate the same way. Granted, every situation is different and I'm by no means a psychologist or criminal profiler. But, in many of these cases, something traumatic caused them to snap, they grabbed what was available and off they went. The ones that sit down and plan, and carry that determination, are the truly scary ones. They're the statistical outliers of outliers. Think about how many potential mass-murders didn't happen because the potential killer had time to "cool down." We'll never know, but I'm certain it's way more than most people think.

CIII is no joke. Any firearm can be suppressed to an extent, but we're still talking 130dB+ for the most part, which is still very loud and recognizable. The armchair-commando crowd foams at the mouth saying "hand loading!!! You can reduce the charge down so the bullet is traveling at less than the speed of sound!!" While true, this isn't ideal for most cartridges. Every cartridge was developed with a purpose in mind. In many cases, scaling the powder charge down to achieve "subsonic" velocity may not even get the bullet out of the barrel. Chop the barrel, and you still risk squibs and tumblers. If the firearm wasn't designed to operate at lower pressure, or any return ports/gas blocks adjusted, it may not even cycle. So, then we look at pistol carbines, since fat and slow pistol cartridges are more effective to suppress than most rifle cartridges. Even with those, you still run into tuning for cycling, first round pop, etc. With suppressed pistols, most require a booster or Nielsen device to cycle. Know what they're great for? Not hearing "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" for the rest of your life when you fire off your home-defense firearm in your bedroom when some degenerate busts through your window at 2AM.

My point is, statistically, out of the general population, only a small percentage will commit murder.
Of those, a small percentage will use a firearm.
Of those, an even smaller percentage will have the desire/mental defect to commit mass murder.
And of those, the likelihood of them being educated on CIII, owning CIII, etc is astronomically low.​

If "He whose picture shall not be shown by the MSM" indeed had a suppressor, I'm extremely surprised it isn't the hottest thing on the news right now. The dangerous, slightly-educated Liberals would LOVE to shut down all NFA/CIII ownership. Most don't even know the process.

Another "food for thought" rhetorical question: Why isn't every military-issued firearm equipped with a suppressor? They're not hard to manufacture, and at that volume they could likely be made for ~$30-$40 each, if not less.
A: They're not useful in all situations, and most calibers can't effectively be suppressed.
Most of what the left knows about firearms comes from movies.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
Most of what the left knows about firearms comes from movies.

True. The same movies that capitalize off gun violence, showcasing uber-liberal actors and actresses that denounce 2A while profiting from it at the same time.

Solution: Ban Hollywood. Screw that, ban California. All of our SVTP brethren in CA can move first. Kinda goes back to my rant the other day about how virtually all forms of media are corrupt these days.

Were there shootings 70 years ago? Yes. Were they as glorified as they are today? No.

Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
They're just getting started.

Did 'silencer' make a difference in Virginia Beach carnage?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ecedent/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.12184d947c5f

Did 'Silencer' Make a Difference in Virginia Beach Carnage?

CV355

_
Established Member

rborden

Established Member
Another mass shooting, in a liberal-created gun free zone. These shootings all fall on the liberals and the shooters. No one else.

These cowards easily walk into a gun free zone, open fire on innocents and slaughter them pigs at a slaughter house and do some uncontested.

Not the NRA’s fault. Not Conservatives fault. Not responsible, law abiding gun owners fault.

Blame falls on Liberals who created and perpetuated gun free zones and the shooters.

Wow 45 with a suppressor. First time I've heard of a NFA item in a shooting like this

The Trump Administration has been trying to pass a law to remove the suppressors fron the NFA under the Firearms Noise Reduction Act? i believe or named something similar.

How convenient that this guy uses a suppressor. No chance in hell that will ever pass now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I used to see an old school doc for ADHD and he was in the profession for nearly 4 decades. He lamented the fact that it has gone from institutions, hospital beds, therapeutic settings to jail cells and pharmaceuticals. Money and Big Pharma have a lot to do with the crisis we are facing now.
I will also add everyone gets a trophy mentality too. That was started when these people were young. Now when they don’t get their way, they grab an adult weapon, instead of handling disappointment like big boy/girl....

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Was surprised to see he put in his 2 weeks notice and there was no reports, at least of last night, of him having any issues at work.
Neighbors said he was up all night and very quiet. The quiet part is a requirement for being an engineer lol.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Another mass shooting, in a liberal-created gun free zone. These shootings all fall on the liberals and the shooters. No one else.

These cowards easily walk into a gun free zone, open fire on innocents and slaughter them pigs at a slaughter house and do some uncontested.

Not the NRA’s fault. Not Conservatives fault. Not responsible, law abiding gun owners fault.

Blame falls on Liberals who created and perpetuated gun free zones and the shooters.

The Trump Administration has been trying to pass a law to remove the suppressors fron the NFA under the Firearms Noise Reduction Act? i believe or named something similar.

How convenient that this guy uses a suppressor. No chance in hell that will ever pass now.

That would be Congress was trying with the hearing protection act. Trump is a pretend 2A supporter.

Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure | The White House

"
Q The suspect in the Virginia Beach shooting used a silencer on his weapon. Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t like them at all."

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Wow 45 with a suppressor. First time I've heard of a NFA item in a shooting like this

Legally obtained NFA items such as suppressors, select fire lowers and SBR’s have been used in only a handful of shootings in the last few decades. Quite literally less then 10 documented cases. I really wonder if this suppressor was legally obtained or if he made it himself/got it on the black market.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Was surprised to see he put in his 2 weeks notice and there was no reports, at least of last night, of him having any issues at work.
Neighbors said he was up all night and very quiet. The quiet part is a requirement for being an engineer lol.
I'm up all night most nights. What does that say about me? I'm rarely quiet though.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread