Viper Spec T56, McLeod RTX and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Installed

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Sorry no pictures.. I was too damn busy doing the swap with "Eviltwins344" Dan..

I wanted to just say that the swap went very smoothly thanks to the help of Dan "Eviltwins344" I could not have done it without his help.
He had all the tools and the right set up for the job! I was very impressed!

The thing that I was most taken by was his hospitality. Through my other thread asking for help, I only messaged Dan and had not ever met him in person or even talked to him on the phone.

This Past Friday I text Dan asking him if I could swing by and drop off my mustang the night before so we weren't waiting for the car to cool down in the morning.

Dan was at work until 9PM.. he was like no worries, I'll call my wife and have her open the garage so you can park it inside.. :beer: Then told me that we could get started at 7 AM on Saturday! LOL I thought "damn this guy doesn't mess around!

Saturday morning I showed up at 7AM Dan was up and waiting.. a handshake and a little jibber and we were off to get a transmission jack...

We actually got started close to 8AM... and had my stock 3650 out on the floor by 10:30!!

As soon as the 3650 was resting on the pallet, Dan was at it removing the clutch and flywheel that was in my Mach 1.

Dan and I took some time to do a little surfing of the net to make sure that we were installing the McLeod twin disc clutch and Fidanza Aluminum flywheel correctly...

Just around noon time we had everything back in the car... we struggled with the last 1/4" getting the transmission input shaft into the pilot bearing.

Anyway we were just about wrapped up by 2PM! The only reason we did not finish on Saturday is because we both didn't feel comfortable swapping out the pinion flange.

I contacted "SVTmystic290" Tom .. he was willing to drive from Mass to help me out with the pinion flange swap..
Tom came down on Sunday around 1:30PM.... he swapped out the flange in just about 15 minutes!! LOL

So Tom and I had to take it for a quick test drive when completed..

What a difference.. I missed a couple of shifts LOL trying to get use to the new set up..

I scared myself hauling ass down the street ....

In the end..

I want to thank both Tom and Dan for their help. Both gentlemen went well out of their way and beyond to help a fellow SVTP Member. They gave up their weekend to help me out and all that I can say is that "This" is they type of random acts of kindness this world needs more of!

I know that I always pay it forward... I hope this type of thing becomes contagious and "we" take the time out when we can to help others... There is too much negative going on every time I turn on the news that I don't watch it anymore.

Once again Thank you both very much.... If you both need my help with ANYTHING just let me know..
(Dan and I talked about doing some electrical work at his house).

I'm planning on having a summer party and it would be great to get together with a bunch of members with their families at my house. :beer:

If anyone needs help please do not hesitate in posting up so that "we" can lend you a hand....

Thank you for reading
Jon & Jaime

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Pretty awesome that we have guys like that around here. Glad everything worked out! Now we need some pics ;-)

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Pretty awesome that we have guys like that around here. Glad everything worked out! Now we need some pics ;-)

Actually YES we do.. I was just talking with Nick (Middleburry,CT) about me needing some new Mickey shoes!

Maybe this would be the perfect time to "Light 'em Up"!! Line lock style!

Then switch shoes for some scenic pictures!

I'm ready Mooch.. LOL I'm going to order the new sneakers this week...

Stay tuned you burn out and rubber breathing freaks! lol

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Glad I could help out Jon, just taking a ride in that car after we were done made the trip worth it haha. Any time you need help just let me know!

Definitely want to thank Dan as well. Couldn't of had a better setup for this job or been any more hospitable when I showed up. All in all both of you are stand up guys and I couldn't agree more that we could use some more of this kind of help.

Look forward to hanging out at some upcoming meets this summer!

coposrv

Established Member
This kind of stuff is awesome to hear. Hats off the those guys that gave up their garage space and time. Pretty rare these days.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Actually YES we do.. I was just talking with Nick (Middleburry,CT) about me needing some new Mickey shoes!

Maybe this would be the perfect time to "Light 'em Up"!! Line lock style!

Then switch shoes for some scenic pictures!

I'm ready Mooch.. LOL I'm going to order the new sneakers this week...

Stay tuned you burn out and rubber breathing freaks! lol

Awesome man, shoot me a PM with a date whenever you're ready! I just finished up school so I'll be free!

BMR Tech

Awesome!

How do you like the T56? They can be tricky to hit gears as cleanly and quickly as the TR3650 or earlier Tremecs, but they sure are strong.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Awesome!

How do you like the T56? They can be tricky to hit gears as cleanly and quickly as the TR3650 or earlier Tremecs, but they sure are strong.

So far I love it!
Still trying to adjust the clutch pedal and get use to finding the gears.

Right now.. I feel that the 3650 was way easier to find the gears and found it easier to drive.

I think it's all relative. Once I get use to the T56 I will be boosting about it lol

Mooch. Eviltwins344 is going to tag along for the photo shoot and cruise

Lets keep an eye on the weekend weather

My2003Mach1

Established Member
This kind of stuff is awesome to hear. Hats off the those guys that gave up their garage space and time. Pretty rare these days.

AGREED.

This is why we all got together and once finished agreed to tell our story.
Hopefully you all can do the same somehow for someone that needs help. Rather than turning a blind eye to an out reaching hand in need!

I thank god for owning a mustang
It has brought many people into my life, some good some not so good.

The other nice thing is that it doesn't have to be "mustang" type help but it can be helping a person out with maybe a home project.
Back in the day, people use to help people out all the time with out any greed or expectation or exchange.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Weather is looking kind of sketchy right now...we'll see as it gets closer!

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Thank you for the kind words. It was a good weekend and in all reality not a thing was given up. It's awesome when the passion for these cars gets contagious. Your car is outrageous. Tyler still imitates it......not very well tho..

Tom, looking forward to checking out your ride.

Lookin forward to more projects.....whose next. LOL.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Thank you for the kind words. It was a good weekend and in all reality not a thing was given up. It's awesome when the passion for these cars gets contagious. Your car is outrageous. Tyler still imitates it......not very well tho..

Tom, looking forward to checking out your ride.

Lookin forward to more projects.....whose next. LOL.

Lol at who's next! Lol you are!
Tell Tyler I said hello

Toms cobra!! Ahhh Huhh as Tyler would say lol

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
Great to hear Jon. People coming together with a common passion to help someone out. Doesn't get any better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread