Viper GT3 and Porsche GT3 battle at the ring.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
That was an intense vid! I always enjoy seeing cars dogfight on a populated track, the viper obviously had the porsche in handling/accel/decel.. but the drag on the viper was too much on the long straight and the porsche got around him on the topend.

Good vid!

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Figures. What is up with the search feature on the site. I searched for viper porsche and nothing yet there it is. Posted yesterday. Sorry for the repost.

chuckstang

Established Member
awsome video but that porsche needed to wave that viper by.

That was very dangerous, the Viper was much much faster on the straights

chuckstang

Established Member
That was an intense vid! I always enjoy seeing cars dogfight on a populated track, the viper obviously had the porsche in handling/accel/decel.. but the drag on the viper was too much on the long straight and the porsche got around him on the topend.

Good vid!

No no, the viper slowed too soon because of the black car ahead in his path, the porsche stayed in it because he took the left side which was clear of cars ahead

Personally I think those drivers have a death wish, never should you have m3 and that other junk holding up much faster cars like the porsche and viper.

z06_23_45

Established Member
Figures. What is up with the search feature on the site. I searched for viper porsche and nothing yet there it is. Posted yesterday. Sorry for the repost.

Repost or not, that was freaking awesome! I love how it gets the blood flowing :banana:

overseacobra

Established Member
No no, the viper slowed too soon because of the black car ahead in his path, the porsche stayed in it because he took the left side which was clear of cars ahead

Personally I think those drivers have a death wish, never should you have m3 and that other junk holding up much faster cars like the porsche and viper.

You do know that they were racing the 24h VLN race right? And that they are racing in the same class as well? So why should the Porsche let him by? He was a bit faster in a straight line but the Porsche had better cornering speeds.

I was just there last week racing and and I never let anyone buy unless they were much faster then me.

Thing is with that track, that if you decide to let someone pass, move over and loose your line, you are dead, period. There are alot of places on that track that will not alow alteration of ones line without biting back big time. At least when on is going all out with full attack.

Regarding your comment about the M3 and other junk? Dude, it's a race on a 17 mile (Nordschleife + GP-track) racetrack with over 100 cars in different classes. It's part of the game! IT's been like that for like 40 years!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member

The viper should of walked the porsche the way he came up on him, and he had 15 seconds to pull on him.. he only let off for a split second as well and got right back on it, in which the porsche went right around him. The porsche had better topend due to the vipers drag.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You do know that they were racing the 24h VLN race right? And that they are racing in the same class as well? So why should the Porsche let him by? He was a bit faster in a straight line but the Porsche had better cornering speeds.

I was just there last week racing and and I never let anyone buy unless they were much faster then me.

Thing is with that track, that if you decide to let someone pass, move over and loose your line, you are dead, period. There are alot of places on that track that will not alow alteration of ones line without biting back big time. At least when on is going all out with full attack.

Regarding your comment about the M3 and other junk? Dude, it's a race on a 17 mile (Nordschleife + GP-track) racetrack with over 100 cars in different classes. It's part of the game! IT's been like that for like 40 years!

+65,000.

The Ring is not just another race track. All the abrupt surface irregularities can ruin one's day in a heartbeat.

Overseacobra, have any vids of you racing? I read your thread last week and loved it!

Users who are viewing this thread