Viper ACR

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Farking street legal mongsters.

Watched a vid with Randy pobst wheeling one around Laguna Seca. Made me harder than watching Brianna Banks and Jenna Jameson go at it.

Car is sick, I love the removable front fender grilles.

cbj5259

Established Member
So sad Dodge is killing these cars.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It IS.....very sad. The Viper is and always will be a performance icon. Still hard to imagine it being killed off.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Does anybody know if these cars are available? If they are, are they bringing sticker or are dealers charging more?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Does anybody know if these cars are available? If they are, are they bringing sticker or are dealers charging more?

They are still available, and in production. I don't think there is a markup as dodge had to discount them by $15k to sell them.

cbj5259

Established Member
Will the viper make a return?
The name may return someday, but it won't be a V10 Viper. Federal regulations killed the car as it is. If it comes back it will come back with a smaller non V10 power plant. In my opinion the Viper has always been tied to its motor. If it comes back as a twin turbo 6 or something like that...just call it something else.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
They are still available, and in production. I don't think there is a markup as dodge had to discount them by $15k to sell them.

Wait, $15K off the $118K MSRP or is the $118K MSRP already discounted? If you're telling me you can get a new ACR for $103K it's a no brainer.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
The name may return someday, but it won't be a V10 Viper. Federal regulations killed the car as it is. If it comes back it will come back with a smaller non V10 power plant. In my opinion the Viper has always been tied to its motor. If it comes back as a twin turbo 6 or something like that...just call it something else.

I was of this mindset for a while too, but honestly technology can be above it. It isn't out of the question that we can expect big motors to become more efficient. We have technology to shut down cylinders and dial back performance. If we need to meet stringent regulations, we can get to it through technology. I certainly agree that big motors seem to be on their way out, but there is a chance that technology is going to change that.

The future of cars is tough to put a finger on. Looking at all this hybrid technology be used on exotics, and looking at the tech we have had around for a while... underutilized... it will be interesting to see what 2025 looks like.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Definitely a beast of a vehicle. It's hard to think it had struggling sales, even the regular SRT10s on here are impressive. I'ts sad that a large part of why they're discontinuing it is due to side curtain airbag requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread