Vinyl / Sauna Suits

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
Who wears em when they work out? Which brand do you wear and is it durable for the kind of ranges of motion you perform? I want something for just jogging but I want a tough ass suit. The last two ripped on me. One at the collar area and the most previous one -- one side started to split. The second one was a bit of a tight fit cuz I'm fat so lol. Suggestions?

LaFlavor

Established Member
Whatever you use, be careful. Back when I wrestled in high school they were cracking down on this practice. Apparently 3 high school/college students had died the prior year from dehydration after wearing these suits. One of them died as he was crawling onto the scale, according to the stories I heard.

jf4boogie

Established Member
No offense man, but if you're truly "fat" and trying to lose weight then you're going about this the wrong way.

tdschst

Established Member
I used to use trashbags that have the plastic ties built in and tie it off at the bottom. I did it for wrestling the night before a meet cuz I always stayed a pound or 2 over my weight class. I would go out running for 2 miles or so just before bed the night before. You sweat like a pig but it's only water weight you're losing, it's back the next night once you drink some water and eat

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
No offense man, but if you're truly "fat" and trying to lose weight then you're going about this the wrong way.

I'm not fat to the point of disgusting to look at but I just want to slim down some. In addition to the sweatsuit I go about 3.5 miles every other day intermittent jogging and walking.

As far the dehydration part I usually drink some water an hour before I go and its at night so the sun isn't beating down on my ass. Any suggestions other than trash bags? I want something durable and made for it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
as everyone else has stated, watch your hydration. Just because the sun is down does not mean you can't get dehydrated. That is typically the most commen mistake endurance athletes make is that just becuase it is cooler and you are not sweating as much means you don't have to take in as much! WRONG!!! I experienced this first hand and was pulled into the medical tent at the end of a race due to severe dehyrdation and had to have a IV put in my arm. I lost 6lbs during the race of pure water weight.

Those sauna suits will not help you lose fat any faster. Yeah it will seem like you lose weight fastet but all you are doing is sweating out the "crap" in your system and replacing it with water. This can be almost 10lbs depending on how much sugar/soda/coffee you drink in a day. Once that has been replaced you will not "lose" any more weight other than water that you gain back as soon as you drink/eat. By dehydrating yourself your body will lose significant energy and you can begin to damage yourself.

Last edited:

blinelaxd27

Established Member
take this from someone who has lost more than 10lbs in a night for a mma weigh in....
if you wear a sauna suit on a regular basis you will actually be worse off because it will drain your energy and your workout will be less effective... not the best strategy for the long term... only really beneficial if you want to lose some lbs for the next day. go to walmart... the golds gym one is like $20 and worked pretty well for me.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
my mom wears on of these, she got mad last time....she was getting ready to run and i asked "what times lift off" lol

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I'm not exactly training for the olympics here so I'm sure I'll be fine in the safety department. Thanks for the heads up though! Looks like the sauna suit deal still has negative feedback so I guess I'll just stick to what I have and continue working out as I normally do.

Users who are viewing this thread