Vin number locations on 03/04 Terminator?

Jstaats

Established Member
Guys and Gals,

Looking to buy an 03/04 Cobra. I am talking about one with a person right now and trying to do some education. Where are the vin numbers located on the body panels so I can at least do a quick check to see what panels if any were replaced. He said the car fax said minor front and rear damage. Thanks for any help and just want to double check to see if there was any pictures or help you guys and girls could provide.

Staats

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The VIN can be found on the left side of the dash, and on the door jam. The one on the door jam sometimes gets removed by a body shop if the door/body is repainted. It would normally be replaced, of course, but on occasion isn't.

Jstaats

Established Member
I know on my Toyota we have VIN stickers on all body panels. It sounds like possibly Ford does not have VIN stickers on all the panels. This is an easy way to make sure all parts are factory and not replacement parts. It does not tell the whole story but gives you a good indication if you should dig furthre.

Staats

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Ford is no longer required to tag all the removable parts with a VIN because they now use the "black box" also known as a PATS system. The Feds say you need one or the other.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
And before someone corrects me, I have to say by "black box" I meant a computer controlled anti-theft system, not an EDR.
There was a period for several years that there were vin tags on all removable pieces like the fenders and doors and trunk lid and such, but not any longer, as long as it has an anti-theft system similar to the PATS system in use by Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread