Video's of my son in his gymnastics competitive debut as a level 5 gymnast...

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
Since OP's son is reading this I'll keep it PG, but you really need to try it for yourself once. Maybe the embarrassment of not even being able to lift your own body up will tone your attitude down.

OP, your son looks like he's in great shape and I'll agree with some of the other posters by saying he's Gold Medal material. Hope to see him on that podium sometime in the future! Good luck with everything!

Cole, buddy, you're AWESOME! Keep up the hard work!!!! :rockon:

I wrestled my entire career through school and graduated 2 years ago. I can "lift my own body" just fine.

Whatever i guess if the kid is happy. But as a future parent ill make sure my kid has some shoulder pads on and is hitting kids in the mud instead of cartwheeling around a gymnasium. Im entitled to my opinion so dousche bags take a hike :bored:

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
I wrestled my entire career through school and graduated 2 years ago. I can "lift my own body" just fine.

Whatever i guess if the kid is happy. But as a future parent ill make sure my kid has some shoulder pads on and is hitting kids in the mud instead of cartwheeling around a gymnasium. Im entitled to my opinion so dousche bags take a hike :bored:

I bet you can't. Gymnastics takes lifting your own body to a whole new level. So you can do some pull ups and think that's it? LOL

Try a cross for a few seconds and see if you can even get halfway up. Stop being ignorant. :kaboom:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
shoulda played football, baseball, lax, basketball or some other real sport.

That's a pretty retarded comment, i bet that kid has more physical strenth, flexibility, and endurance than you've ever had in your life, playing so called REAL sports. He would run circles around you.

Impressive kid BTW.

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

Yes, sports where you have to touch other men to win are a lot better than gymnastics...

Graves

Established Member

This is the guy who's going to be the dad who screams at his kid and other folks kids while watching a game from the bleachers and then talks shit to other kids parents and walks onto the field to pick a fight with the ref for making a call he didn't like.

Sounds like someone's a little insecure about their manhood.

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
right...

No need to attack me. The kid is good at gymnastics. Great. I dont care for males doing this just as much as i dont care for them doing cheerleading. I stated my opinion. get over it.

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Congrats! I know you are proud as you should be.

I was in Gymnastics as a kid for about a year, then my parents yanked me out for some reason. I was able to do 4 back hand springs at one point when I was 11, then i became a skate rat on ramps.

I find it odd in this competition that he has to run from one event to another like that. No breaks in between to rest...?
I can fully appreciate the gymnastics ordeal and the competition. It takes amazing skill, talent, focused energy and coordination that can translate into almost any other sport in the future.

My daughter completed level 5 last year in December. She placed 9th in Texas, beating out some 600+ gymnasts. In Level 4, she placed 2nd in Texas. She is now in Level 6, training 16 hours a week. She is ripped, muscle-wise. When I pick her up from practice, I am amazed with the talent in her gym. They have an Olympic team of guys that do the most incredible things. Almost unbelievable to watch.

Again Congrats, and tell your boy to keep up the good work!

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
right...

No need to attack me. The kid is good at gymnastics. Great. I dont care for males doing this just as much as i dont care for them doing cheerleading. I stated my opinion. get over it.

And we stated our opinion, why are you getting all pissy about it and repeating yourself? Maybe be an adult and not talk crap about a 10-11 year old kid that could have easily kicked your ass at that age...

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Congrats! I know you are proud as you should be.

I was in Gymnastics as a kid for about a year, then my parents yanked me out for some reason. I was able to do 4 back hand springs at one point when I was 11, then i became a skate rat on ramps.

I find it odd in this competition that he has to run from one event to another like that. No breaks in between to rest...?
I can fully appreciate the gymnastics ordeal and the competition. It takes amazing skill, talent, focused energy and coordination that can translate into almost any other sport in the future.

My daughter completed level 5 last year in December. She placed 9th in Texas, beating out some 600+ gymnasts. In Level 4, she placed 2nd in Texas. She is now in Level 6, training 16 hours a week. She is ripped, muscle-wise. When I pick her up from practice, I am amazed with the talent in her gym. They have an Olympic team of guys that do the most incredible things. Almost unbelievable to watch.

Again Congrats, and tell your boy to keep up the good work!

There is time between events, I just edited them out :)

What gym does your daughter work out at? Cole was at Cypress Academy of gymnastics before we moved from Houston to North Carolina. He was fortunate to have had some outstanding coaches, including Jonathan Horton. His current gym isn't nearly as good, but he has a good coach, and he had a good base of training to start with.

Congrats on your daughters accomplishments!! Cole just moved up to Level 6 as well :beer:

Hurley

Established Member

Little pro tip here if you want to have your kids be TRULY happy then let them do whatever they want. If they want to do gymnastics? Let them. Be a male cheerleader? Let them. Play Baseball? Let them. Play Basketball? Let them etc as I am sure your getting the point. Let THEM not you chose what they want to do and not force them asshat. If you want to be a father they are happy about not one that had them do things that you only want won't them to do won't get you anywhere. Live through your children not yourself.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Cole is now a level 6, and the routine is much harder than level 5. He is getting it down pretty well, and I should have some video of him practicing the level 6 events soon.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member

Wrestling-Owned.jpg

This is so much more manlier :kaboom::rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread