Video's of my son in his gymnastics competitive debut as a level 5 gymnast...

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I had previously posted a video of my son from his very first public exhibition as a competitive gymnast last year. You can see that thread here: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rms-his-first-ever-gymnastics-exhibition.html

Since then he completed his first season of competition where he placed 8th over all for the 10 - 11 year old Level 5 gymnast's in the State of North Carolina, and placed 31st over all for the Regional Championship for Region 8. When my son expressed his disappointment that he didn't place higher his coach told him that he did very well, especially considering it is rare for a first year competitor to even make it to state, let alone regionals.

I honestly don't care where he places, just as long as he is having fun, and enjoys the sport. So far, he loves it. He still is determined he wants to go to the Olympics one day. I guess time will tell, but either way, I am proud of what he has accomplished so far.

Here they are:

Coles First Gymnastics Public Exhibition in High Point, NC May 2010

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-QyTL6Uzus"]YouTube - Coles First Gymnastics Public Exhibition May 2010[/nomedia]

The 4th Annual Boudreaux Classic Meet November 20, 2010

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHmWfTUuOMc"]YouTube - Cole at the 4th Annual Boudreaux Classic Meet 11-20-2010[/nomedia]

The Blue Ridge Invitational North Carolina Boys Qualifier December 10, 2010

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91g0vss5_J0"]YouTube - Cole at the Blue Ridge Invitational North Carolina Boys Qualifier 12-10-2010[/nomedia]

The Cabarrus County Gymnastics Men's Invitational North Carolina Qualifier January 9, 2011

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK0xPwNCxD4"]YouTube - Cole at the Cabarrus County Gymnastics Men's Invitational North Carolina Qualifier 01-09-2011[/nomedia]

The Zenith Gymnastics Men's Champion Invitational January 22, 2011

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y4a3a2KCEk"]YouTube - Cole at the Zenith Gymnastics Men's Champion Invitational 01-22-2011[/nomedia]

The Greensboro Gymnastics Men's Invitational February 12, 2011

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0S0ETSGIBc"]YouTube - Cole at the Greensboro Gymnastics Men's Invitational 02-12-2011[/nomedia]
The North Carolina Men's Gymnastics State Championship March 13, 2011

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5OEGBUs6gQ"]YouTube - Cole at the North Carolina Men's Gymnastics State Championship 03-13-2011[/nomedia]

The Region 8 Men's Gymnastics Championship April 8, 2011

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpR8AmM9KGA"]YouTube - Cole at Region 8 Men's Gymnastics Championship 04-08-2011[/nomedia]

02chevy

Established Member
And when he is fourteen:) you will not be bending him over your knee and spanking him it will be the other way around kid already geting swold up

YoungJim

Established Member
I have no idea of what counts as _good_ gymnastics, but it looks like he knows what he's doing, and physical strength and balance sure come in handy when you need them. Good job, you and your son.

Jim

xenodragon

Established Member
shoulda played football, baseball, lax, basketball or some other real sport.

That's a joke, I was a gymnastics for 18 years and was and still am more athletic than anyone that played stand around baseball, throw a ball into a hoop, or catch a ball and run.

I would like to see ANYONE that plays ANY of those sports you mentioned above be a gymnast....can you or they do a triple flip off anything know where your feet are and land without breaking your neck? I will give you $1,000 if you can or any baseball/football/basketball player...oh guess what not only can I do that, but I can also shoot a basket, hit a ball, catch a football, and twirl a lacrosse stick and I never played those sports.

I cant even begin to explain the benefits gymnastics has had for me. I know how to fall, I have better balance than anyone that plays a "professional sport" I can guarantee that.

Stop being an ignorant douchebag

Last edited:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member

My Father in Law has been a football player, and Football coach (Oklahoma State, North Texas State, Ricks College) for over 50 years. He was also a very strong man (benched over 550), and he has stated that there is no way he, or any other player he knew, could hold a candle to the gymnasts he has seen as far as strength, endurance, and sheer difficulty of the sport.

I can assure you that gymnastics is a "real" sport, and that it is much more difficult to master than football.

Hell, I used to work out 6 days a week back in the days when I was young in the Army. I thought I was strong, and fit, but my son, at 10 years old, has more strength and fitness than I ever had at any age. This is all due to his effort and dedication in the gym.

Regardless, I am not interested in this thread becoming a pissing match over the sport of men's gymnastics. I simply wanted to share the progress Cole has made over the last year in working toward his goal of hopefully going to the olympics someday. How many 10 year old kids, in any sport, do you see with that level of dedication to anything? I do not care if he ever get's there, or not. I am very proud of him, and what he has done. :beer:

ok sorry, Have fun on the mats and beams.

Do you even know the difference between women's and men's gymnastics? Regardless, each one is extremely difficult, and the athletes in this sport are all strong, fit, and have endurance in spades.

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Your son is definitely future Olypian material. I was around gymnastics growing up and agree with what you said about strength and endurance. Your son has the skills and hopefully the determination to further this all the way to a Gold medal.

Coiled03

Established Member
Impressive performance by the OP's son! I damn sure couldn't do any of that!

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Awesome videos. I can tell from the videos Cole has already made a lot of progress. You must be one proud Dad. I know nothing of gymnastics but I enjoy watching it on television. Takes a lot of strength, skill and determination that is for sure.

**To the person that said "go play a real sport", I hope you were kidding. If not, you Sir are a douche bag. :nonono:**

To Cole:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

11dsgGT

Established Member
I made it to FL state level 3 and tried level 2. It starts getting unbelievably hard competitively and physically at that level. I hit a plateau because I was too young, and underdeveloped. I was not able to do some of the required holds, like the infamous cross on on the rings, or some of the releases on the high bar.

Standing on that podium and getting top 3 is really awesome, and I remember thinking the exact same thing you son was when I was there. Its a lot of fun, and I bet you are proud of him for what he's accomplished in such a short time. Next season you can look forward to the regional/state road trips.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
My son thanks you for the Kudo's :beer:

He is slightly embarrassed about me posting these, but he is also enjoying the feedback.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member

Since OP's son is reading this I'll keep it PG, but you really need to try it for yourself once. Maybe the embarrassment of not even being able to lift your own body up will tone your attitude down.

OP, your son looks like he's in great shape and I'll agree with some of the other posters by saying he's Gold Medal material. Hope to see him on that podium sometime in the future! Good luck with everything!

Cole, buddy, you're AWESOME! Keep up the hard work!!!! :rockon:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That's an awesome thing ti be proud of. I hope my son will get involved in sports. Our little girl did basketball and swimming last year. It's a good feeling as a parent to see them do these things instead if sitting un front of a TV all the time.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Wow, really? This takes more coordination, athletic build then ball sports. Obviously you were just raised by stupid, ignorant people who told you these kind of sport weren't "manly". What could you even do at his age, aside from sticking G.I. Joes and crayons up your butt?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread