Video Of Supercharged Marauders Vs Ford Gt 1/4 Mile!

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Here is the link to the videos of some Mercury Marauders racing a Ford GT that Ford themselves brought to the track to run the Marauders. You will be suprised...The Mighty GT was bested twice by supercharged Marauders!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/slim/

These are the ones you want to pay special attention to:
MI2QWK4U and GT.mpg
MikesMerc Revenge.mpg
MikesMerc runs GT.mpg

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
FordGTGuy said:
nice, to bad the GT lost but no arugement here since those Vics are probably getting 600+

Man, no need to be insulting! They are far from crown vics. Sheet metal is all they have in common. They are what they are, Marauders....very fast Marauders.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Ford GT Fan said:
Those Marauders will be worried if they run into this guy and he's added a bigger intercooler!

http://www.turbovan.net/van.html

Not a chance! He will be second across the line like that GT was! For what it's worth, it was an honor to race one of Ford's "M" plated GTs. That is one hell of a beast. It was a shame to have to beat it...

Paul Vincent

Established Member
MI, Are you going to seek out a highly modded GT for the next race? You know - a GT with a 200%+ horsepower increase? Now that would be an interesting race.

bigslim

Established Member
Paul Vincent said:
MI, Are you going to seek out a highly modded GT for the next race? You know - a GT with a 200%+ horsepower increase? Now that would be an interesting race.
Why, we know already know the outcome of that race. Right now the way it was both cars were in the 500-550hp range. So what if the Marauder was modded. It was still in the hp ballpark as the GT. As a matter of fact one of the Marauders was only at 510hp at the rear wheels plus another 1500-1800 pds of weight. It was really to show Ford what could have been done to Marauder instead of killing it. Don't be such a hater.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Paul Vincent said:

Absolutely, You find that highly modded GT and invite it to the track along with myself. Remember, the Ford guys were kind enough to invite us there, showed us a good time, and we all had fun. Thats the important thing.

You have to admit that for a 4800# Mercury sedan to keep up with or beat a Ford GT is quite remarkable. Remember also that 90% of my horsepower increase came from an Eaton supercharger, which the GT comes with stock! So really it should be an even playing field. Maybe not...I forget...I was racing a 5.4 supercharged supersportscar, all I brought with me was a superchargerd 4.6 supercharged family sedan. Not so equal is it.

MikesMerc

Established Member
LOL...I think some of the GT guys have too thin skin :)

Look at it this way. The Marauder plus all the mods I have done is about $42k total invested. What's a GT cost?

Sure, a GT can eat up a Marauder, modded or not, on a road course too. Its a "supercar" so it should. That's expected.

But, take a 4 door lead sled and add a few goodies and your besting the GT in straight line performance, well...I thinks that's pretty neat. Heck the FME and SVT guys thought so too.

Like Slim said, it was more about showing Ford how they screwed up by dropping full size performance. Now Chrysler will eat thier lunch all day long in this segment. That's a shame.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
Gentlemen, Please! I only asked a question. Fact is, I got a real kick out of what you proved the Maurader capable of doing (I was upset that Ford released the Maurader without tapping more of its potential). I just hope that Trilogy will soon have a supercharger ready for the Fusion as it is likely my next new car. Say - any of you got some inside info on that one?

MikesMerc

Established Member
Paul,

I think there might indeed be something in the pipe. I'll have Jerry pop over and shed some light on his upcoming kits.

BTW, don't mind us being a little defensive. Being a marauder owner is a lot like being rodney dangerfield. Sometimes some folks are a bit too hasty in dishing out disrespect to such a neat low production car. Accordingly, we are quite proud as to how far many of us have pushed these cars. Being able to rip off mid 11 sec passes at the track, then cruise home sipping our coffee in leather heated seats in a nice roomy highway cruiser is something quite rare. So, please pardon our defensiveness:)

Last edited:

Paul Vincent

Established Member
MikesMerc, Thanks for the response, and yes, as people often are all too ready to dish it out to the Marauder, it's great that some Marauder owners are unleashing its potential. Now, if you don't mind - here's another question: What additional modifications would be necessary to have the Marauder (power is obviously there) reach 155-160 mph? Thanks!

MikesMerc

Established Member
Not much. A balanced driveshaft and removal of the mph limit on the EEC. That would do it.

In fact, there have already been a few Marauders clocked this fast. One was at the SCCA open house last year at Michigan International Speedway. Another was done on an open stetch of highway by two guys (one an LEO with a speed gun), who Jerry Barnes knows.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Not much. A balanced driveshaft and removal of the mph limit on the EEC. That would do it.

In fact, there have already been a few Marauders clocked this fast. One was at the SCCA open house last year at Michigan International Speedway. Another was done on an open stetch of highway by two guys (one an LEO with a speed gun), who Jerry Barnes knows.

Yep...at Michigan last year! What a blast. The guy in the Cobra said he was doing around 160 MPH when I passed him. I didnt realize the photographer took a great picture as proof. Mike is right, Drive shaft is a MUST and removing the speed limiter via chip or tuner.

DSC_0159.jpg

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Well worth the wait. I was laughing out loud at how flipping fast the Merc's are. Holy Cow-atoli!!!
That GT is one sexy mo-chine, too :bowdown:
Too bad for me that:
-no dealer will sell one for even close to sticker :nonono: ;
-Mercury will never come out with a beast even close to what these guys did with theirs. :beer: :bowdown:

Hot stuff!!!

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Thanks Crispy...the blown Mercs are a blast to drive around town and lay down some asswhooopings! Not many cars can do what ours do and maintain the everyday drivability until challanged.

Users who are viewing this thread