Video of my C6 Z06

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
[youtube_browser]uM4C3CzUsW4[/youtube_browser]

Well guys it's official, I sold the Mach 1 and went to the darkside. And wow am I impressed. This car is ridiculous. I picked it up back in July.

2008 Z06 with 6,900 miles and bone stock when I got her. Car is immaculate, interior still smells new! :rockon:

I promised myself I'd leave this one stock, but we all know how that goes. So about a month ago I took her to Vengeance Racing in Atlanta for some TLC. Big shout out to those guys, they are awesome. :burnout:

I'm just now getting around to posting a video. Some pointers would definitely be helpful. Some of you guy's videos are great!! So help me out!

This was all shot with my GoPro2. But the vids didnt come out in HD, not sure what I did wrong there. For the interior footage I had an external mic mounted on the rear bumper.

This is my first video attempt, so please go easy on me!! Constructive criticism welcome. :beer:

Thanks guys!

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
Sounds great. Since you cammed it, I would have sent the heads to WCCH as well for some porting/polishing along with replacing the guides with bronze ones and the exhaust valves as well, for piece of mind, due to the dropped valves issue. Sounds awesome though. Is the TB ported along with the intake manifold as well? Assuming that you did not go with the FAST and 102 TB. Perfect cam choice as well, appears relatively mild with a great power band with not much lope. Post a dyno graph if you can.

Last edited:

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
I was going to send the heads to WCCH for the P&P and more importantly the stainless valves. However after much deliberation Vengeance talked me out of it. They told me that the failures are very very rare and the only one they have had out of all their builds was on a road course car that saw 7K rpm's for extended periods of time. I know I'll catch some flack especially on the Corvette forums, but at this time I chose not to do that. Maybe later down the road.

As far as the cam, it actually does have a lot of lope. Hard to tell in this particular vid, but it is very choppy. Still drives excellent though!!

edit: TB and intake manifold are still stock.

Last edited:

lxboy

Established Member
beautiful car. Sounds really freaking healthy.

One thing i admire about the new Z's is their driveability, and ability to put the power to the ground. Maybe its because of the N/A power or the long gearing but being able to nail a 1-2 shift on the street with minimal wheel spin must feel so damn good.

SIC_C6

NoobStick
Established Member
which cam of theirs is it? or is it actually a different one then their usual stuff? cars awesome man!

Hayman

Goes hard
Established Member
Awesome car for sure! Wish I could have the external mic on my GoPro1 alot better quality with it. Enjoy:beer:

jf4boogie

Established Member
You've reallly got me wanting to put a cam in mine now!

I guess the sky is falling crowd on cf have me afraid I'll be one of the unlucky few.

It says a lot though that a reputable shop persuaded you not to, when it would of been extra labor/money in their pocket to do the heads as well...

Silversnake13

Established Member
they are a lot of fun!!!

just traded in my 2011 Z06 for a 13 GT500, it gets delivered next week, i will post up my review on the two, curious as to the feel of each. Loved my Z but hated the interior and the black was just killing me keeping it clean.

sick Vette!

RunninRed

I'm Your Huckleberry
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words guys!!! Appreciate it!! I would have to go look up the specs on the cam. It's one of their "milder" cams.

69Fastback, I made 540 rear wheel on a 90* day.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
^ it said in video

One thing that I have always been jealous of vettes for is that the rear end seems to stay a lot straighter when getting no traction than a cobra or mustang :(

Users who are viewing this thread