Video of Magnaflow CB + MRT Catted H

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Please get the link up, I have the Magna CB and have been wanting to hear what the MRT-H sounds like with the Magna. Thanks bro.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Sounds good! Is that the (Catted) MRT-H pipe? Can you post a video at idle and with stationary revs? Thanks for the video, gives me a good idea of what to expect and I like what I saw! :)

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Sounds good! Is that the (Catted) MRT-H pipe? Can you post a video at idle and with stationary revs? Thanks for the video, gives me a good idea of what to expect and I like what I saw! :)

I have a really short clip of the car sort of idling and blipping the throttle. The only issue is, once the car gets into the upper revs it overpowers the microphones on my camera, so it just sounds real muddy. Do you still want me to post it?
Oh, and yes its the catted version.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Yeah man, post the other vid! Are you happy with the pipe, the fit and finish? Where did you purchase? All stainless right? Thanks for the feedback, I've been thinking about this midpipe for awhile but didn't know how it sounded with Magna CB. I have heard the "ProChamber H-pipe" with the MagnaCB and felt it was a little too loud for me. I knew I wanted an H-pipe catted and stainless and then MRT intro'd their piece which caught my attention.

04torchred

Established Member
Sounds good man! Now if only someone could do that with the Stingers/MRT catted H. That is awesome that you filmed it from the back and gave it shit, get to hear what it actually sounds like under load.

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Yeah man, post the other vid! Are you happy with the pipe, the fit and finish? Where did you purchase? All stainless right? Thanks for the feedback, I've been thinking about this midpipe for awhile but didn't know how it sounded with Magna CB. I have heard the "ProChamber H-pipe" with the MagnaCB and felt it was a little too loud for me. I knew I wanted an H-pipe catted and stainless and then MRT intro'd their piece which caught my attention.

Ok, ill get the video pieced together for download tonight and post it tomorrow in the AM.

The pipe fits very nice, no leaks that i can tell. I am on my 3rd version of the pipe though, as the first two leaked like crazy around the header flanges. I bought the pipe directly from MRT, who were also gracious enough to send me the revised pipes when they did come out. So, in essence, i got 3 pipes for the price of one, and i feel thats some damn good customer service. The pipe is all stainless steel, with 2 high flow cats. If i had one complaint its that the C/B to H connection point hangs a little low. This can be mostly fixed by placing extra washers on the bolts there, but it still seems to sag just a tiny bit.

Hye

Established Member
If i had to drive this car into a driveway late at nite and park quietly, could i get away with doing this mod. with my maggie catback? basically how much louder in the 1,000-2,000rpm's range...

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Hye06 said:
If i had to drive this car into a driveway late at nite and park quietly, could i get away with doing this mod. with my maggie catback? basically how much louder in the 1,000-2,000rpm's range...

1-2k RPM's, it wont be much louder than stock as long as you stay with a catted pipe. WOT and it gets VERY loud.

Users who are viewing this thread