Video of First Drive! Carbureted & Cammed Modular 4V

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Chris you can't argue with herd animals , they lack the brain power to understand the knowledge sitting in front of them. If it is'nt what everyone else is doing, or what they are doing its wrong.
Arghh, enough of the herd animal analogies

I for one wouldn't hesitate to go with a carb and a Sullivan on a strip/limited street car. The reason for that is a clean engine bay and easy a/f adjustments. However, I wouldn't even think about it on a forced induction combo because it's been done and only with limited success.

Carbs are simple, easy to adjust and a great option for those who don't understand or have the ability to tune EFI or even MFI. Carbs have a place as does fuel injection. People thought that when fuel injection came along that it wasn't the way to go...those "carb herd" animals were wrong. Taking a step back in technology isn't wrong nor is it a new idea. The debate over carbs and fuel injection will go on forever, but I think all the NMRA cars running 7s with forced induction are fuel injected...for good reason. Then again they all may be doing it wrong.

95 to 100 percent of the power gain this combo realizes will be a result of the intake manifold and not the carb. The carb however will cause 75% of the reduced driveability, but if the car isn't a DD that won't be a problem.

I think most people are providing their opinion, and not bashing (some are though). Some people understand the "hot rod" mentality and know they don't have to agree with Chris's mod decisions. The problem arises when claims are made that aren't based in fact, like stating that carbs make more power than fuel injection. We all know that making a broad statement like that is just asking for trouble.

Speaking of herd animals, have you seen that video of the herd of Wildabeest kicking the shlt out of a pride of lions and a crocodile to save one of their own? Pretty damn smart for a brainless herd animal. Long live the herd!

Last edited:

bullit4900

Established Member
Very well said
Arghh, enough of the herd animal analogies

I for one wouldn't hesitate to go with a carb and a Sullivan on a strip/limited street car. The reason for that is a clean engine bay and easy a/f adjustments. However, I wouldn't even think about it on a forced induction combo because it's been done and only with limited success.

Carbs are simple, easy to adjust and a great option for those who don't understand or have the ability to tune EFI or even MFI. Carbs have a place as does fuel injection. People thought that when fuel injection came along that it wasn't the way to go...those "carb herd" animals were wrong. Taking a step back in technology isn't wrong nor is it a new idea. The debate over carbs and fuel injection will go on forever, but I think all the NMRA cars running 7s with forced induction are fuel injected...for good reason. Then again they all may be doing it wrong.

95 to 100 percent of the power gain this combo realizes will be a result of the intake manifold and not the carb. The carb however will cause 75% of the reduced driveability, but if the car isn't a DD that won't be a problem.

I think most people are providing their opinion, and not bashing (some are though). Some people understand the "hot rod" mentality and know they don't have to agree with Chris's mod decisions. The problem arises when claims are made that aren't based in fact, like stating that carbs make more power than fuel injection. We all know that making a broad statement like that is just asking for trouble.

Speaking of herd animals, have you seen that video of the herd of Wildabeest kicking the shlt out of a pride of lions and a crocodile to save one of their own? Pretty damn smart for a brainless herd animal. Long live the herd!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

badblacklx

Established Member
Chris you cant argue with herd animals , they lack the brain power to understand the knowledge sitting in front of them.

I almost spit water all of screen when I read this. John Mihovetz must be one retarded mf'er then, he should just go with a carb and pick up a couple tenths since they are so much better.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I almost spit water all of screen when I read this. John Mihovetz must be one retarded mf'er then, he should just go with a carb and pick up a couple tenths since they are so much better.

He was referring that some people in here (not all though) are very narrow minded, he is well aware of both EFI and carb setups. I have actually spoken with him several times about john's car.

Like Todd said, EFI and carburetors each have their place. I will be the first to tell you EFI is overall a better choice. It is all preference...I prefer cheese pizza over pepperoni any day, but I don't claim it is the best and tell a pepperoni lover that he has his opinions all wrong.

Bottom line is..I love my carburetor!

bullit4900

Established Member
That's all that matters its your ride
He was referring that some people in here (not all though) are very narrow minded, he is well aware of both EFI and carb setups. I have actually spoken with him several times about john's car.

Like Todd said, EFI and carburetors each have their place. I will be the first to tell you EFI is overall a better choice. It is all preference...I prefer cheese pizza over pepperoni any day, but I don't claim it is the best and tell a pepperoni lover that he has his opinions all wrong.

Bottom line is..I love my carburetor!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mvp performance

Grim Reaper Mafia
Established Member
He was referring that some people in here (not all though) are very narrow minded

Exactly what I meant. This build is meant to be against the grain and different. Its what Chris wanted to do. No one to my knowledge has run sevens in a blow-thru modular powered car. Hopefully this car will be the first. We like to accomplish our goals in a different way than the rest of the crowd, it's more fun,challenging that way. You have less data to work with and that makes it a lot more rewarding when you reach your goals and stand out from the crowd.

fbomb100

Established Member
This one needs a grammar check.

Forum grammar/spelling cop,
Todd

your just a dick! thats got to put people down for every little thing there is I see! IF I don't spell it right,or build a car only your way!! and if you don't like it GO POUND SALT!!!!!! :loser:

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
your just a dick! thats got to put people down for every little thing there is I see! IF I don't spell it right,or build a car only your way!! and if you don't like it GO POUND SALT!!!!!! :loser:

dude- you have 8 posts and you're talking shit to one of the most helpful dudes on the site- GTFO:fm:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member

IMG_2206.png

fbomb100

Established Member
dude- you have 8 posts and you're talking shit to one of the most helpful dudes on the site- GTFO:fm:
AND!!! yes I'm new here!!! and hes been here a long time! That doesn't mean a thing!!! This guy call me out and I responed!! I don't back down to some one pushing me!!! They way he said it and not just once but twice rudely!

Sorry to all if I misspell a word or two or don't use the proper grammer.and if i do it again "ALL WELL" No ones perfect!!!

SORRY to Chris and to all thats reading all this junk that Na started in this post!!
love the pic ..ILMAO on that one

Last edited:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Permission to copy it please.

Permission granted

AND!!! yes I'm new here!!! and hes been here a long time! That doesn't mean a thing!!! This guy call me out and I responed!! I don't back down to some one pushing me!!! They way he said it and not just once but twice rudely!

Sorry to all if I misspell a word or two or don't use the proper grammer.and if i do it again "ALL WELL" No ones perfect!!!

SORRY to Chris and to all thats reading all this junk that Na started in this post!!

Play nice around here and you will do just fine, but if you lash out at the smallest "call out" you will not last long here. You feel like being a big tough guy theres a section for just that, its called Smackdown.

fbomb100

Established Member

love the pic ..ILMAO on that one

Play nice around here and you will do just fine, but if you lash out at the smallest "call out" you will not last long here. You feel like being a big tough guy theres a section for just that, its called Smackdown.
Its not about being tough!! I stand my ground! if this guy may of said it in a better way it would of went over better then it did!!! but he was rude about it so I responed and called it like I saw him to be!!
I'm new to the mod motors seen!! NOT TO THIS HOBBY!!!I come to learn more about these motors not to start a fight and "NOT" to get a grammer and spelling check!!!

This will be the last I will respond about this matter in this post!! If NA got some thing to say then lets say it in SMACKDOWN

AGAIN SORRY TO CHRIS ABOUT THIS IN YOUR POST!!

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
your just a dick!

Damn, my secret is out.

Its not about being tough!! I stand my ground! if this guy said it in a better way it would of went over better than it did, but he was rude about it so I responed and called it like I saw it!!
I'm new to the mod motors scene!! NOT TO THIS HOBBY!!!I come here to learn more about these motors not to start a fight and "NOT" to get a grammer and spelling check!!!

This will be the last I will respond about this matter in this post!! If NA has some thing to say then let him say it in SMACKDOWN

AGAIN SORRY TO CHRIS ABOUT THIS IN YOUR POST!!
Fixed.

This has been bilding up for some time now. It gets frustrating triing to read some threds cause the gramer and spelleng are just plane terible most of the people here are adolts, or darn close, so they must have gradiated however it looks like most were playing video games rather than lering our kuntry's language some don't even use puncuataion! THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT POSTS IN ALL CAPS WHICH IS HARD AS HELL TO READ

Some people need to lighten up.

Rant over, back to the technical discussion.

Chris, live long and go fast.

Last edited:

SVTContique

because you can change everything with a flat head screwdriver.

and it's ****ing awesome. I can't wait to see it out at the spots.

It still would have been cheaper to just build the bottom end and turbo the crap out of it... tune it once and its golden.

Its a cool project but it doesnt make much fiscal sense.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
It still would have been cheaper to just build the bottom end and turbo the crap out of it... tune it once and its golden.

Its a cool project but it doesnt make much fiscal sense.

I understand what you are saying..but that isn't at all correct. No way would I have even been able to build a shortblock with the $$ I spent. This is a budget build to the max...I just put in some elbow grease and a lot of time to make it look nice.

Most of this was self funded [sold stock intake for what I bought the Sullivan for, etc] . It is crazy how nice and organized everything is without spending any money.

Besides if I just did that...I would be just another turbo'd cobra on the road(which isn't at all a bad thing, but it wouldn't be nearly as satisfying).

Seeing my car fire up on the first attempt was just a phenomenal feeling. Bolting on a simple turbo/blower wouldn't hold a candle to how proud I was. This is a passion of mine..not just a desire to go as fast as possible.( not dogging your idea as I'm sure that makes an awesome ride! Just not my thang)

Users who are viewing this thread