Video - I finally made it to the dragstrip for my 1st time (Ran 11.5)

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Until this past Friday I had never driven a car down the dragstrip. My friend's wife (who is a city girl) wanted to go to a dragstrip for her birthday before dinner to see what it was all about. One of our other buddy's was bringing his car so I figured I'd bring the red stang for fun and see how she'd do. I'd never even done a burn out in this car before, let a lone backed into a water box and do a burnout.

The car is my red notch with a 347 (all motor). I am hooked. OMFG am I hooked. Ran 11.5

BIG THANKS TO BILL AT CJ'S (qwikhuh) for letting me borrow his rear wheels for the run!

My wife filmed the outside (buddy's wife is the one yelling) and gopro captured inside

[youtube_browser]GdZBrIEX9jI[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

jacob517

GOT SHARPIE?
Established Member
75/80 was a cool track at one time, to bad its closing this year for good. It is very addictive but fun hobby!! Nice run! Sounds great.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
75/80 was a cool track at one time, to bad its closing this year for good. It is very addictive but fun hobby!! Nice run! Sounds great.

Thanks! Yep, good eye. Cecil is closer to me but 75/80 will obviously always be my very first.

nice run OP. Is your buddies wife hooked on drag racing now haha?

Thanks! She already asked if we're going again this Friday, lol

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Great time did you get the leg shakes when you pulled up to the line?

Thanks, no leg shake but I was nervous to mess up staging or red light, so I didn't have the gas pedal pressed until it went green. I was more nervous doing the burn out in front of the water box (never done a burn out in this car, at all) and near the end slowing down.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Nice run....car sounds great. I miss mine. What other mods have you done to go along with the 347?

Custom fabricated intake
Roll Cage
C4 with reverse
4.10's
Solid roller .650 lift cam
AFR heads
Suspension setup for drag
Fuel cell in trunk
3 inch exhaust
Longtubes

Very well done sir.

Thanks!

Awesome! But how can you have an 11 second 347 and never do a burnout lol

Thanks, I picked the car up last year wanting to turn her into an autocross car and she's just been sitting in the garage. I obviously haven't turned her into an autocross car (not sure I am now). My other stang is more comfortable anyway :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that was a great run. I'd never guess that was your first time. Well done! :rockon:

I'm curious. Did you ever plan on ever racing the car? I ask because your mods scream 'track car", but you've never raced it....until now.

03cobraracer

Established Member
great first run! and it is very addicting lol. I made my first pass about 12 years ago and I still love it every time. PS I think you need an alignment! lol

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Nice run! But this thread is worthless without a pic of mrs. HD track outfit! Lol

What he said! :)

You didn't miss any exciting outfit at the track. Shoot, the guy who recognized her at Ford Nationals a couple weekends ago did so while she was wearing black sweatpants, black tank top, and flip flops. Her outfit at the track wasn't much different. :D

Now that was a great run. I'd never guess that was your first time. Well done! :rockon:

I'm curious. Did you ever plan on ever racing the car? I ask because your mods scream 'track car", but you've never raced it....until now.

Thanks, while it may not look like it, I was nervous as hell.

No, not the 1/4. I picked up the car about a year ago already built the way she is with the plans to convert her over to an autocross car. The gearing is so low I pretty much can't drive her far or enjoy it with the manual valve body and three gears etc, so she sits in the garage/trailer most of the time. I figured I'd see how she did at the 1/4 just for fun before I change her over. Just painted her.

I had a car almost just like (red notch with built engine) back in college and always wanted another one. 15 years later I found this one, with no rust at all with a decent engine ready for high revving. I've maybe driven her 100 miles in the last year since I've owned her.

Very nice!

Thanks!

great first run! and it is very addicting lol. I made my first pass about 12 years ago and I still love it every time. PS I think you need an alignment! lol

Thanks, yeah but I kind of like the way the steering wheel open area is in the perfect spot being out of alignment, lol

Users who are viewing this thread