Video from inside the Cobra! Hear the exhaust the way I do...

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
onicrom said:
i just made a thread not to long ago with me revving it, it was before the 4.30s though. i can get pics soon sure n/p.

whenever i made the video, i came home right after work and posted it. it was yesterday. i really dont know man, im not trying to shit anyone, the main purpose of the clip was to hear the exhaust from inside anyway, not how fast or whatever. i dont know what to tell ya! it all feels right, and pulls really hard. :shrug:

im not trying to say you are full of it, but it does not make sense.

cars like that do not pull that hard in 5th gear.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
quadcammer said:
with the speedo on stock settings:
shift to 3rd would have been at about 115 at 6500
putting you at 5100 or so in 4th
140 in 4th is right at 6000
i dont know bro, i just know it feels right, i was right under 80 at 3k in 5th and... all i know!

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
quadcammer said:
im not trying to say you are full of it, but it does not make sense.

cars like that do not pull that hard in 5th gear.
i know you arent man :beer: and i promise im not trying to shit anyone. like i said i was just posting it mainly for the exhaust. it might be off somewhere in the band. i really dont know, im not all the car smart.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
key said:
And when you stepped on it in the video, that was 3rd gear right? Not 2nd?
yes sirrr

edit: just letting everyone know im heading off to work, gotta be there at 3 so i wont be able to respond till later tonight. later bro0os

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
alright, I think I can shed some light on this.

using the chart from http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/cgi-bin/trans.cgi

it appears that the speedo is not corrected. here is why.

--------video-----3.27s--------4.30s
Speed--rpm-------rpm---------rpm
80-----6800------6817--------5991
90-----5000------5125--------5067
100----5700------5695--------5631
120----6700------6834--------6475
130----5600------5566--------4904
140----6000------5995--------5281

as you can see, my estimates of the speedo (using pause feature) are much closer to 3.27s than 4.30s

the rpm drop when shifting to 5th is much greater than from 3rd to 4th.

So, I believe you started in 2nd, shifted to third at 80, and 4th at 120

Last edited:

Redhot91gt

Established Member
Yah the reason I asked for your tranny earlier is cuz It really pulls hard in 5th. Im trying to figure it out through the video and this gear calculator.

http://www.tchracing.com/tech/gearc...givenval=6800&givenvaltype=RPM&selectedgear=5

Now I dont really know what size ur tires are so im goona guess like a 275/40/18 but im sure im wrong.. I basically calculated at what speed you will top out 6800 rpm in 5th gear with 4.30s.. It says 202mph.. Now In your vid It looks like your going to top out 5th alot earlier than 202. I know you didnt take it anywhere close to 6800rpm in 5th though. Something just seemed weird to me. But If this is really pulling that hard in 5th gear than you have an amazing cobra. :rockon:

Redhot91gt

Established Member
quadcammer said:
alright, I think I can shed some light on this.

using the chart from http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/cgi-bin/trans.cgi

it appears that the speedo is not corrected. here is why.

--------video-----3.27s--------4.30s
Speed--rpm-------rpm---------rpm
80-----6800------6817--------5991
90-----5000------5125--------5067
100----5700------5695--------5631
120----6700------6834--------6475
130----5600------5566--------4904
140----6000------5995--------5281

as you can see, my estimates of the speedo (using pause feature) are much closer to 3.27s than 4.30s

the rpm drop when shifting to 5th is much greater than from 3rd to 4th.

So, I believe you started in 2nd, shifted to third at 80, and 4th at 120
LOL im thinkin exactly the same as you...

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
not needed at work due to no golfers :rockon:

lol way to much has gone into this...anyway, i went to third i know the difference between 2nd and 3rd, however the speedo must be off somewhere or something. :shrug: dont know dont really care, im getting a sct tune soon anyway and thatll definatly correct it again. this was mainly for exhaust like i said. i know its faster than an 04 stock cobra so im happy with that.

Last edited:

snake bite 03

Try to find out the tranny in the car mayb the 5th gear over drive is shorter than a 1.1. but even if his speedo is not corrected it still ran a ****in 12.6 on street tires!!! who cares about the speedo at this point!!!

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
SilverSnake01 said:
Try to find out the tranny in the car mayb the 5th gear over drive is shorter than a 1.1. but even if his speedo is not corrected it still ran a ****in 12.6 on street tires!!! who cares about the speedo at this point!!!
thats what im saying, i could care less if it said i was going 2 or 200.. i just wanted peple to hear the exhaust lol

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
quadcammer said:
listen, we are not saying your car is slow.

but something is obviously amiss.
everything ive said and shown is how it is, all true..i know you arent saying its slow bro, i agree, youre the dude that knows alot more about it than me, its right in some places and not in some i guess, like i said, i dont know, i just know it definatly feels faster than the 04 cobra i test drove recently :rockon: so im happy with that. i think my car is very fast for the mods it has(that i know about) compared to some other 99-01s, and like i said, i just wanted people to hear the exhaust and give me their thoughts. but as for the speedo ill get it calibrated again with the sct xcal 2. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Redhot91gt

Established Member
onicrom said:
i know you arent saying its slow bro, i agree, youre the dude that knows alot more about it than me, its right in some places and not in some i guess, like i said, i dont know, i just know it definatly feels faster than the 04 cobra i test drove recently :rockon: so im happy with that. i think my car is very fast for the mods it has(that i know about) compared to some other 99-01s, and like i said, i just wanted people tgo hear the exhaust and give me their thoughts. but as for the speedo ill get it calibrated again with the sct xcal 2. :thumbsup:
Yah it seems to be a very fast car either way... Id love to see some track videos.. maybe you could get some. :rockon:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Redhot91gt said:
Yah it seems to be a very fast car either way... Id love to see some track videos.. maybe you could get some. :rockon:
thanks dude! yea id love to get someone to go with me and shoot some video at the track, i dont know when ill be there next, closest one is around 2hrs away.

Users who are viewing this thread