Video:14 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
My car is stock besides FRPP boss 302 mid pipe and corsa xtreme axelbacks. Yes my car threw a light for cats with the Lopey idle. You can smell the fuel just being dumped into the cats, it stinks!

I also have a passenger side JLT separator, as recommendation by ford racing.

Last edited:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
That's sucks MKSVT.

The GT spent two days racing at an open track event and never missed a beat.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
But you can also run the key without lope idle, correct? Like the procal version via the display?

Nuar

Established Member
Hmmm. Sounds awesome, but I was under the impression that lope tunes will burn up cats... All of a sudden FRPP lope tunes are ok to run with cats still in place?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Hmmm. Sounds awesome, but I was under the impression that lope tunes will burn up cats... All of a sudden FRPP lope tunes are ok to run with cats still in place?

Like i said i would like to see how this turns out in the future as the car stinks of unburned fuel just being dumped into the cats, i have spoken to another friend of mine today who has a GT with the track key and he also has thrown a check engine light for cats with lope idle engaged. Both mine and his are daily drivers. My car was fine for the first day or so with lope idle. As soon as i got on the express way and was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with the car idling a lot. That is when it threw a code.

califsp

Established Member
Had the Track Cal installed yesterday. This talk of the lopey idle dumping fuel into the cats is a huge concern. Rich condition is known to burn cats out. Also, my air conditioning is cycling cold to hot to cold since the install.

solscooter

Established Member
Like i said i would like to see how this turns out in the future as the car stinks of unburned fuel just being dumped into the cats, i have spoken to another friend of mine today who has a GT with the track key and he also has thrown a check engine light for cats with lope idle engaged. Both mine and his are daily drivers. My car was fine for the first day or so with lope idle. As soon as i got on the express way and was sitting in bumper to bumper traffic with the car idling a lot. That is when it threw a code.

noticed the smell w/ mine too. did pulling the battery keep the code from coming back?

01GTB

Established Member
My friend got his Track Key installed on Monday and the cats smell really bad now with the idle lope engaged. It makes the car shake pretty bad too.

Users who are viewing this thread