Video:14 Mustang GT Track key (TracKey) lope program Ford Racing

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The warranty I'm pretty sure is actually supplemented with the Ford Racing warranty, so technically the factory warranty would get replaced if anything happens.

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
The warranty I'm pretty sure is actually supplemented with the Ford Racing warranty, so technically the factory warranty would get replaced if anything happens.

Same difference... If you launch the engine it's covered by Ford unless there are other circumstances like lack of maintenance, abuse or neglect. Ford is clamping down on power train claims due to performance programs that are not authorized by Ford.

Funny5.0

Established Member

Yup and after the 3/36 it would be handled like having any other tune if the tune was deemed the cause of a concern...

OP:

Lope sounds cool and glad you like it!

Are you hearing any audible ping/knock under load? I'd love to see a datalog of this and the FRPP tune.

Last edited:

denali33

Established Member
Sounds good would be great to see some datalogs to see what kind of timing and fuel mixture were seeing

Last edited:

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Yup and after the 3/36 it would be handled like having any other tune if the tune was deemed the cause of a concern...

OP:

Lope sounds cool and glad you like it!

Are you hearing any audible ping/knock under load? I'd love to see a datalog of this and the FRPP tune.

Don't forget the powertrain warranty and the federal emission warranty that would continue to be active with a factory tune.

No ping or knocking noise. The tune is set for 91+ octane 50 state carb and we use and have 93 octane.

Sounds good would be great to see some datalogs to see what kind of timing and fuel mixture were seeing

Thanks

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
So is adaptive advance reigned in so to speak to claim only 91 octane needed "for max performance"? If I put in 93, would I be wasting money when running the track key, albeit a marginal difference?

denali33

Established Member
I heard that those FRPP tunes knock, and FRPP says its normal to hear knock which is retarded. Do you have capability to datalog the tunes?? That way you can see how aggressive they are?

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
So is adaptive advance reigned in so to speak to claim only 91 octane needed "for max performance"? If I put in 93, would I be wasting money when running the track key, albeit a marginal difference?

That's the minimum you should use. Will you get the maximum performance out of tune... I don't think so.

I heard that those FRPP tunes knock, and FRPP says its normal to hear knock which is retarded. Do you have capability to datalog the tunes?? That way you can see how aggressive they are?

Interesting statement about the knock as this tune has only been out for a week. Have the capability yes. Do i care... not really

Last edited:

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
"Track" key being the imperative word here. For max performance, you'd be surprised the knock some circle track cars can see. On one site for the GT track key, I read FRPP actually recommends an aftermarket separator on the passenger side pcv line to cut down on intake air charge contamination in the event any "audible" knock is heard.

In circle track, you see those flames out of the pipes when they let off in the turns? It's running rich to cool off the cyl temps so they can lay into it again. You'll also hear them goosing it to cool the cyl temps.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That's the minimum you should use. Will you get the maximum performance out of tune... I don't think so.

Interesting statement about the knock as this tune has only been out for a week. Have the capability yes. Do i care... not really

I would imagine he was mainly referring to the FRPP procal tunes that have been out for these cars for years, not the track key FRRP tune specifically.

denali33

Established Member
I stand corrected, I was referring to the procal tunes. But either way if it has a warranty or not, wouldn't you be interested to see if its doing damage while your driving it? That's like saying I am still going to do drugs, if my employer drug tests me I will find another job.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I stand corrected, I was referring to the procal tunes. But either way if it has a warranty or not, wouldn't you be interested to see if its doing damage while your driving it? That's like saying I am still going to do drugs, if my employer drug tests me I will find another job.

more like I am going to bareback this hooker since obamacare will take care of me if I get herpes.....

Funny5.0

Established Member
Don't forget the powertrain warranty and the federal emission warranty that would continue to be active with a factory tune.
Your factory powertrain warranty will be just as active as it would be with any other after market tune after the 3/36.
In the event there is a powertrain failure and the tune is blamed as the direct cause you'll have a fight on your hands with any tune including one from Ford Racing. The difference is you get the 3/36 Ford Racing (not Ford) supplemental warranty vs no supplemental warranty with other aftermarket tunes.

No ping or knocking noise.

You will not know if you truly have knock activity until you datalog. If the knock is audible it's really bad. Also when there is knock, timing is pulled and performance is lost.

50blackout

Established Member
Guys remember any Ford Racing Tune specifically says "Will not void original warranty," People have called Ford Racing and they have confirmed that their tunes do not mess with the Power Train warranty. You MUST make sure to have it installed and registered by them however. People get nervous because Ford Racing only mentions the 3/36 and not the 5/60k. Some people have different powertrain warranties (IE 7yr/100,000) if they paid extra. FRPP has told me they have done extensive testing with these tunes. Just remember anyone who gets these tunes, you need to be able to have access to GOOD gas and an oil catcher. I live in CA so I would definitely get an oil catcher and set the octane adjust to Y.

Users who are viewing this thread