Vid of my bro's SS idleing. Sound stock?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
:lol: at some of the comments in here. It does have a nice little lope to it. I bet he's having fun right now untuned with the auto. :cuss:

TheBlurLS1

Teh slow.
Established Member
HPP tuner is not going to iron that cam out too much!

That needs ls1-edit or HP tuners! My cam is 232/234 .600 on a 112lsa. It idled like that untuned, now it barley sounds cammed at all! It's street manners are just like stock. Chuck @ HPE worked some kind of magic on mine so that it hangs at about 1500 rpms untill i come to a complete stop, then it kicks down to about 1050 and lopes. Brakes work perfect, and it NEVER wants to die. I'm thinking of having it turned down to around 850 so it'll sound a little meaner though.

No such thing as too much cam in a N/A LS1 car IMO! I'm tired of my cam, I wan't 240+!!! :D

1slow01z71

Established Member
TheBlurLS1 said:
No such thing as too much cam in a N/A LS1 car IMO! I'm tired of my cam, I wan't 240+!!! :D
Thus Im goin to a 248/253 .650 .650 113lsa in two months with a solid roller setup. :D

jleews6

Established Member
Sounds great. Get it tuned and turn up the idle a little and it will drive and sound nice.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
TheBlurLS1 said:
What does HPP stand for?
I actually don't know :shrug: , I've only had the pleasure of going up there once before. (Anybody want to donate money so I can mod my car?)

adamb258

Established Member
WOW! Sounds SIIIIICK!!!! we need to go have soem fun in it after its tuned paul ;)

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
adamb258 said:
WOW! Sounds SIIIIICK!!!! we need to go have soem fun in it after its tuned paul ;)
Yeah lets run'em. Give me a call, so we can play a little. I want to see where its at. James and Jeremy say we can yank the front tires with some slicks and skinnies.

I'd like to do a couple dead stop runs and a few rolls. You should pull me pretty good but it should be fun. :thumbsup: I have been playing a little with the stall and it launches. First time in an auto with stall.

Last edited:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
TheBlurLS1 said:
Whoops! I thought he was talking about a damn "Hypertech Power Programmer"! :shrug:

What does HPP stand for?

Mine was tuned at HPE! :D
HPP = High Powered Performance

but know as = Hella Phucking Phast. :-D

Last edited:

fast02gt

Established Member
I think it sounds kinda like my ****ing dirtbike..lol how can anyone say it sounds good?? sounds like its about to die and crackles like every other F-body.

adamb258

Established Member
paul i think you will pull so much on me from a stop that i wont be able to catch up, i cant hook in 1st or 2nd really. it should be fun though. Le me know once its tuned and ready to roll

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
adamb258 said:
James and Jeremy say we can yank the front tires with some slicks and skinnies.
I wouldn't doubt them, there was a similarly modded one with a 4400 stall that almost pulled the wheels from a 50 punch.
adamb258 said:
paul i think you will pull so much on me from a stop that wont be able to catch up
Very true, haha. Stalled LS1s are not to be messed with from a stop (for the most part, I'm well aware there's always someone/thing faster).

-Chip-

You Better Come Correct!
Established Member
You can clearly see it's burning pig rich. Evidence it's is untuned. A Cammed LS1 with stock tune will run like shit, which that car is doing. Once tuned, it's going to clearly iron out. As far as the lope. The lope will depend on what kind of grind the cam has and what kind of LSA it was grinded upon. LSA = degree of lope aka Lobe Seperation Angle. The lower the LSA, the more lope.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Or they could cheat and set the idle to ~1100 like my buddy did in his 94. Huge cam, but no lope :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread