Vid of my bro's SS idleing. Sound stock?

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Last edited:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
It doesn't sound stock to me..sounds like there's a cam in it. Of course I've almost only heard LS1's with cam. Have yet to really here a stock ls1 idling.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
SQ Stang said:
It doesn't sound stock to me..sounds like there's a cam in it. Of course I've almost only heard LS1's with cam. Have yet to really here a stock ls1 idling.

haha I think he was being sarcastic, that ls1 has a nasty lope. What is the modlist?

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
too much cam for me.
it sounds like it wants to die and he is struggling to keep it running
does he need to get it tuned or something

realaxed83

Established Member
I agree with no slow svt, I guess if its a race only car then thats cool but if it is a "street" car than that cam sounds a little too extreme. Sounds like it will have very little driveability.

WarrenB

Established Member
Nice lope!! Its def not a car you would want to drive daliy, Those cammed maros all most shake apart with rad cams in em though.

Traffic_Cone

Established Member
Remember guys it still has to be tuned :). I mean i've seen people daily drive with t-rex's,magicsticks and etc...would I recommend it NO but it can be done.

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
2000 A4
Mods: Lid, K&N, LS6 Intake, Longtubes, ORY, Cutout, fully built Tahoe tranny, Yank 3200 stall, and cam.

Guys this cam is small (230/232 .572 .574 111 LSA) compared to the ones listed above (Trex, G5x4, etc). Right now its untuned and driveabilty is little to none, occasionally the car runs fine. Once HPP tunes it, it will be fine. This is one day after the install.
o3SnakeBite said:
I think it sounds badass... My car with the cam seems to be alot louder though
Your car is louder because in the vids the exhaust is running through a stock muffler. When we open the cutout its at LEAST twice as loud.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :thumbsup:

1slow01z71

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Sound stock ? No.
Sound like shit ? Yes.
Sounds like someone is scared of an LS1.

LS1s can eat up a pretty big cam hell I run a the cam linked in my sig in a 5600#truck granted its in a 418CI motor but I can still roast all four tires in 4hi till 20mph. LS1s can take advantage of big cams with sotck heads they flow more than even your 4 valve cylinder heads.

Users who are viewing this thread