Vid: 03 Gt Vs 01 Cobra

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I didn't say the cobra I ran was a auto. The ws6 was though! I know I said I run 13.5's but this was from a roll which is a different story. Jamie R I saw your car in the mag and it rolls out. I wish u were closer to so we could hit that 45-50mph roll I don't think it would be as bad as ya'll think. How far away are you from SC?

:read: he nor I were talking to you.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
1.) i am 18 and yes i pay for everything on the car. (its called work) if i can sell my car before i dump 3g's into it i most likely will get a 02 z06(03 cobra still possible) but that ls motor gives me a tingle:banana:

2.) a full bolt on gt (without h/c/i) puts around 270-280 rwhp. MY CAR STOCK PUT 277. from a dig you would deff. get a stock cobra, but anything above 3rd gear and your done. plain and simple you will not pull as hard as a 4v up top (we have another grand before redline). NOW im not saying it will be a blow out but most likely by 120 it will be dead even if not the cobra starting to pull. (now who races that high most of the time, who knows. BUT if the race was all 5 gears good luck)

3.) 01's came with 320 fly not 310:read:

4.) all my points are with equal drivers THAT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE:lol1:

5.) LMAO AT PIMP a 12.20 ls1 is no joke, he must not have knew how to drive or lied to you. i also wish you were closer so i could so you what is up. my friend has a 99 gt full bolt's, 4.10's, et streets. everytime we race he gets a car jump. by the time i hit 3rd gear i am at his tail, while going thru 3rd gear i just wave. and this is no slow walk by the end of 3rd i would say i got 1 - almost 2 cars

:beer:

Last edited:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
To whoever said that the 99's were down on power probably never realized that they actually went through a recall. I have never had any problems putting many car lengths on 99-04 GT's when I was stock. My stock numbers are in my sig. And, running from a roll, the cobra is definitely going to shine, even with the stock gears. Biggest reason is we can hold a gear longer AND that is where we make our peak power is up in the higher RPM's.

thanatos0446

Established Member
maybe they didn't COME with autos... but I sure as shit saw the STOCK auto shifter in the tunnel, and dude was pretty adamant it was an '01... and I shit you not, pulled on the guy. Sorry, everything about that night is etched into my memory forever (something about the possibility of being decapitated by flying hood). Good luck, and good night.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
maby it wasent a cobra?

there are alot of idiots swapping badges these days

unless you seen the 4v motor dont get your hopes up

4.6pimp

Established Member
To whoever said that the 99's were down on power probably never realized that they actually went through a recall. I have never had any problems putting many car lengths on 99-04 GT's when I was stock. My stock numbers are in my sig. And, running from a roll, the cobra is definitely going to shine, even with the stock gears. Biggest reason is we can hold a gear longer AND that is where we make our peak power is up in the higher RPM's.

I did know about the recall. As far as the 12.20 ws6 go's that is just what he said. A guy with a bolt on GT went 12.77 at 106 on this site. 1.7 60ft.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Thanatos maybe the car was a GT with a Cobra nose and badges, it happens, because my '95 could have easily been mistaken for a Cobra. Anyhow the Cobras did'nt come with autos in them as previously stated, sorry.

Pimp, I am at least 3 hours from Augusta whereas I'm only 60 from Tallahassee, if that gives you and idea of how far away I am from your border.

I forgot I did play with a guy in new edge GT in town one day, we going from a red light and he quickly was looking at the back end and heard 2nd looking at the back of my car and was about to hear 3rd in the distance before I thought I better slow the hell down. That was when I had the 3.27 gear.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
>YAWN< wasted an 01 A4 when my 04 GT had basic bolt-ons (stock LB, o/r H and pullies, pretty much). Guy was losing in 2nd, then tried to spray and blew his motor apart (nitrous backfires are no joke). Think about it, 01's only crank at 310, where a PI GT cranks at 265. 12% drive losses on the 5M, vs almost 20% on the A4, and you're getting pretty close in the HP department. Add a half-way decent (I'm not even close to a driver mod) driver, and it's a pretty damn good race.

99/01 Cobra 320Bhp or about 275ish RWHP stock
99-04 GT 260Bhp or about 225ish RWHP stock

99/01 Cobra 13.5s at 104 with driver mod stock
99-04 GT 14.0s stock and 13.90s with a good driver...i did actually see one go 13.8 @ 101 once in perfect air

and for the record i spanked many of bolt on GTs while i was stock...it was a good race until about half way through 2nd gear when i checked out on them

gtpowered4.6l

Established Member
He SHOULD keep thinking that. I own both cars (01 cobra, 99 gt) and the cobra isint that much quicker stock for stock.

Here is the list of stangs I have owned from stock to built so you have to come up with a better arguement than that

88 Fox
93 Fox
94 GT
95 Cobra
97 GT
98 GT
99 GT
03 GT
04 GT
99 Cobra

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
99/01 Cobra 320Bhp or about 275ish RWHP stock
99-04 GT 260Bhp or about 225ish RWHP stock

99/01 Cobra 13.5s at 104 with driver mod stock
99-04 GT 14.0s stock and 13.90s with a good driver...i did actually see one go 13.8 @ 101 once in perfect air

and for the record i spanked many of bolt on GTs while i was stock...it was a good race until about half way through 2nd gear when i checked out on them

Your e-dyno needs recalibration...

4.6pimp

Established Member
I have an X pipe, catback, 410's, Shifter, and DR's and run 12.60's all day full wt. Now let me see you run that in your GT

Once I get the car back from the body shop I will be getting the longtubes and mezier electric water pump installed. I hope to make in the 270-290 rwhp range with a tune!! Then I will put some ET street's on and drive it like I stole it. Hope to run 12.50's at 106-108 mph. My last time at the track I went 2. something 60ft with street tires. So there is alot of room for improvement. Will a fox body rearend fit under the 99-04 GT? If so I have a built an spooled, 4.10 geared 8.8 in my fox that is sitting waiting for a motor!! I would be willing to switch for the track just to be able to launch it with out worry of breaking. Do you think 12.50's can be reached?

Chrome_GT

Established Member
Its great seeing every 99/01 cobra owner on this forum chiming in and pounding there chests about how many bolt on GT's they've beat. :D

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Your e-dyno needs recalibration...

most 99/01 cobra put anywhere from 270-275RWHP down
Here is mine with 2000 miles on the clock
stockas6.jpg

Last edited:

Chrome_GT

Established Member
Here is the list of stangs I have owned from stock to built so you have to come up with a better arguement than that

88 Fox
93 Fox
94 GT
95 Cobra
97 GT
98 GT
99 GT
03 GT
04 GT
99 Cobra

Good job, thats a nice list. Do you own a 99+ 2v and 99/01 cobra currently? Or did you just upgrade to the cobra and are going off memory? My opinion is unbiased, i own both cars NOW and can compair whenever i feel, theres no arguments.

epracmetcon

Established Member
The only 99-04gt that ever gave me problems was when all I had was an xpipe was my buddies car that was full bolt ons with 4.10's. It was a pretty even race everytime we raced.

Users who are viewing this thread