Vibrations when at upper RPM's

THR

Established Member
I just recently purchased my 2013 GT500. I sold my 2012 CTSV Wagon to get it. Long story short, I was racing another cts-v buddy and noticed alot of vibrations in the upper RPM's. My cts-v was extremely smooth at upper RPM's (even with heads/cam) so I am not used to this. It is smooth in all other situations. It almost feels as if a driveshaft is unbalanced.

Is this common with the trinity shelbies? Is there a remedy for this??

2013 gt500 1200 miles

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
Mines surprisingly smooth to 7k, I've even bumped the limiter a few times in 1st.

possible bad drive belt?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You didn't say it.....you purchased this used? Stock rubber in good shape out back?

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
I just recently purchased my 2013 GT500. I sold my 2012 CTSV Wagon to get it. Long story short, I was racing another cts-v buddy and noticed alot of vibrations in the upper RPM's. ...

THR,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll take a look.

Ashley

paluka21

Established Member
I know some folks have had problems with bent axles on their stock cars. Might be worth looking into, but then again could be unrelated. From what I recall, owners were jacking up the rear of their cars, and spinning the rear wheels to look for wobble.

THR

Established Member
Guys, it ended up being a bad rear end. The rear was warrantied and all is good!

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Guys, it ended up being a bad rear end. The rear was warrantied and all is good!

What exactly was bad?

Did they replace the entire unit or rebuild?

More info is appreciated since a number of people are having rear end issues.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread