Vibration at around 6000 rpm

svt97cobr4

Established Member
My bad I was going by what the mechanic said but I test drove it myself and it does vibrate in neutral and it starts to vibrate like at 4k rpm, but ill keep going past 4k and the vibration won't be as rough but then again at like 5k it gets rough again if that makes any sense

Last edited:

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Probably a bad pilot bearing. If you can't figure it out just start throwing parts at it. Do all mounts, u joints, balance tires, check your hermonic balancer, how many miles? Any maintenance records at all?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
Probably a bad pilot bearing. If you can't figure it out just start throwing parts at it. Do all mounts, u joints, balance tires, check your hermonic balancer, how many miles? Any maintenance records at all?

97k miles, I'm gonna try the harmonic balancer first

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Your mechanic can't figure this out? I'd find a new mechanic.

out of all the parts that are less than $50 that this could be, you're going to go with the part that cost in the $200 range?

Come on, man.... You haven't even answered ANY of the questions these folks are asking you.

svt97cobr4

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone does research on a similar issue the problem was the flywheel, got the flywheel resurfaced and no more vibration

nomoretickets

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone does research on a similar issue the problem was the flywheel, got the flywheel resurfaced and no more vibration

Flywheel? Wow, thats out of left field. Saw the first post and immediately thought U-Joint

ZeroDCX

Established Member

Was this the stock flywheel? Were the flywheel bolts easy to break loose when taking it off? Was the clutch pressure plate bolts easy to break loose when removing?

svt97cobr4

Established Member
Was this the stock flywheel? Were the flywheel bolts easy to break loose when taking it off? Was the clutch pressure plate bolts easy to break loose when removing?
I honestly don't know mechanic did that and it's been a few years since

Users who are viewing this thread