Veyron "HELLBUG" Goes 235.7 At Idaho Top Speed Event Held On Public Highway

oldmodman

Established Member
Looks like a beautiful place to run in.
And I always thought that the Veyron would be even faster. Maybe they can go over 250, but they just need a really long run up to be able to do it.

Here's the Veyron. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpDpOWoXidw

Mustangs at event. Sorry for the bad video on this clip but it's all I could find and only the last two GT500's did anything at all. Last GT500 went 198 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-OWl8ysE4

Kiohtee

Established Member
I swear I've seen this before. Anyway, crazy how much it sounds like a jet at speed! Would never own one though, assuming I win the lottery or something.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

oldmodman

Established Member
I searched around for the fastest mustang and did fins a GT500 that hit 195 at a previous event. And it didn't hit either the trees or the crowd.

Video was so terrible I didn't bother linking it.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Didn't someone do a cost break down on a Veyron and it is thousands of dollers just to do a 1 mile run?

I wonder if these guys are checking their tires or are on relativity new tires? I don't think realize how much trouble you get in and how quickly it happens at speeds like that. Also, I don't think I would have it in me to go 198 in a mustang.....

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Didn't someone do a cost break down on a Veyron and it is thousands of dollers just to do a 1 mile run?

I wonder if these guys are checking their tires or are on relativity new tires? I don't think realize how much trouble you get in and how quickly it happens at speeds like that. Also, I don't think I would have it in me to go 198 in a mustang.....

I would do it if I had an open road, good tires, and a safe open road (and no cops). 160mph in my car feels fine, it's very stable. Of course, I would probably need another 300hp to do it in my car

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member

I think I remember either clarkson or james may on Top Gear doing a high speed run in the veyron and talking about how fast the tires wear out at those speeds, but it was ok because they would run out of gas first lol.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
lol, says the Mustang gt driver

Horrible attempt to make a point. For the price range of the Mustang GT what other cars are better choices in looks? What he is saying is, for the cost of a Veyron, there are MUCH better looking options and especially with the theme on the car. I would agree but I also like the Veyron. It's just a unique style for a supercar. I think the wrap on the car is really what makes

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
OP that video's from last year. I was up at the event this past weekend and last year.

There was a gentleman who brought his Aston Martin One-77 and McClaren 675LT and ran both. The Aston broke 200mph.

Coolest for me was Edsel Ford II making multiple runs in his Heritage Edition Ford GT.

Official 2016 event video: https://youtu.be/ag1WstqabwU

The Subaru blew up and dumped oil on the course :burnout:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Horrible attempt to make a point. For the price range of the Mustang GT what other cars are better choices in looks? What he is saying is, for the cost of a Veyron, there are MUCH better looking options and especially with the theme on the car. I would agree but I also like the Veyron. It's just a unique style for a supercar. I think the wrap on the car is really what makes

Looks are completely subjective. An argument based on the aesthetics of something will never be won or lost, just agreed or disagreed with. With that said, I'm pretty sure TClark22 was taking a jab at the extravagant paint job/wrap on the Veyron, not the actual car itself. Which is a bold move, considering he pilots a cookie cutter New Edge with chrome Saleen wheels. :poke:

At least his swap is nice and fast though.

Users who are viewing this thread