"Veteran" tries to get black friday deals……..

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Guy filming has the right to be upset, but there comes a point where YOU are actually making a ass out of yourself. People not familiar with military procedures, the wearing of the uniform, ranks, ect ect ect will simply look upon this and say "Why is that guy harassing that soldier ?" "Why is he screaming in the mall ?? Is he crazy?" I mean when your wife/girlfriend is telling you to let it go and lets go, it is time to do just that. I mean they faker did what he needed to do, pretend he was on the phone, then started walking away. People who do these things do it in a town or city that is not military to begin with. You make yourself look like a deranged person chasing him down screaming stolen valor when most do not even have a clue of what your talking about.

Let it go. People like this guy posing in uniform will always be looking for some way to get over and will usually get screwed up for doing so. Sooner or later it will bite him in the butt. Do not drag yourself down to that level. Sure, be upset and let him/them know that YOU know....but do not make yourself look like a ass.

Branhammer

Established Member
Hope you realize that you were a- lied to or b- misinformed because none of that is true.

No it's true. I got in right before they started to cut the AF in Half. Normally, on the base I was stationed, they did 2 OTS rated boards per year. They did one right after I got to the base and I hadn't even taken the AFOQT so I couldn't apply. I was there for 3 years and that was the only rated OTS board they did in that time frame. My name was on the list and time and time again they cancelled the boards. Unrated boards all went as scheduled, but they wanted specific degrees for those, and all pilot slots are done by rated boards. The rated boards are back on schedule now that things have stabilized, but that was what I went through at the time and I wasn't alone. Other guys in my squadron had the exact same issue.

Last edited:

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Guy filming has the right to be upset, but there comes a point where YOU are actually making a ass out of yourself. People not familiar with military procedures, the wearing of the uniform, ranks, ect ect ect will simply look upon this and say "Why is that guy harassing that soldier ?" "Why is he screaming in the mall ?? Is he crazy?" I mean when your wife/girlfriend is telling you to let it go and lets go, it is time to do just that. I mean they faker did what he needed to do, pretend he was on the phone, then started walking away. People who do these things do it in a town or city that is not military to begin with. You make yourself look like a deranged person chasing him down screaming stolen valor when most do not even have a clue of what your talking about.

Agreed.
He is also spewing profanities in front of his son and other children in the mall.

scott_0

Established Member
this has been on the local news non stop, as it happened outside Philly, I was cool with the guy calling him out until he started cursing in public and sounding like a crazy person

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
03590ba01ef37adb30e637e448f27f1f5cf4edfc9ba5e075e3e87b1c2aca0407_zps7b604f2a.gif

someones gotta make a meme with him and this.

Zemedici

Established Member

Let it go. People like this guy posing in uniform will always be looking for some way to get over and will usually get screwed up for doing so. Sooner or later it will bite him in the butt. Do not drag yourself down to that level. Sure, be upset and let him/them know that YOU know....but do not make yourself look like a ass.

so much.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Service to your country and mustang passion are not mutually exclusive. People work hard for their rank, nothing wrong with sharing the satisfaction it took to make that rank.

IMG_2127_zps3da9e5e3.jpg

IMG_2136_zps9efa2bd2.jpg

When I was a state corrections officer, at least half of my shift were prior from all branches. One of the officers we worked with we simply called as "Sgt. Major" because that's what he was: a 30-yr retired Marine Sgt. Major. And even though we were all the same CO rank, we always deferred to him, because he just had that air of command and competency about him.

He had tags that read "SGTMAJR" or something like that, and trust me, not a single one of us were about to say anything to him about it. He well-earned those tags, that's for sure.

Regulars520

Established Member
Depending on the circumstances that very well could get you one. The big issue I see from it is very few people who receive a purple heart are still alive, and a lot of them are seriously injured/crippled and have undergone some serious surgeries. From what I understand from listening to people in the military, not many people would brag about receiving a purple heart because of what they had to go through to get one.

This is the Revised Purple Heart Regs as of 2013

g. Examples of enemy-related injuries which clearly justify award of the Purple Heart are as follows:
(1) Injury caused by enemy bullet, shrapnel, or other projectile created by enemy action.
(2) Injury caused by enemy placed mine or trap.
(3) Injury caused by enemy released chemical, biological, or nuclear agent.
(4) Injury caused by vehicle or aircraft accident resulting from enemy fire.
(5) Concussion injuries caused as a result of enemy generated explosions.

h. Examples of injuries or wounds which clearly do not justify award of the Purple Heart are as follows:
(1) Frostbite or trench foot injuries.
(2) Heat stroke.
(3) Food poisoning not caused by enemy agents.
(4) Chemical, biological, or nuclear agents not released by the enemy.
(5) Battle fatigue.
(6) Disease not directly caused by enemy agents.
(7) Accidents, to include explosive, aircraft, vehicular, and other accidental wounding not related to or caused by
enemy action.
(8) Self-inflicted wounds, except when in the heat of battle and not involving gross negligence.
(9) Post traumatic stress disorders.
(10) Jump injuries not caused by enemy action.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
No it's true. I got in right before they started to cut the AF in Half. Normally, on the base I was stationed, they did 2 OTS rated boards per year. They did one right after I got to the base and I hadn't even taken the AFOQT so I couldn't apply. I was there for 3 years and that was the only rated OTS board they did in that time frame. My name was on the list and time and time again they cancelled the boards. Unrated boards all went as scheduled, but they wanted specific degrees for those, and all pilot slots are done by rated boards. The rated boards are back on schedule now that things have stabilized, but that was what I went through at the time and I wasn't alone. Other guys in my squadron had the exact same issue.

First, the Air Force didn't get "cut in half" especially the officer core, most definitely the rated core. Second, OTS has only been pushing pilots through for the past 3 years, as the Air a force is having a very hard time retaining their pilots. Hence when they are the only ones getting bonuses in what otherwise would be a shitty time in the Air Force. The Air Force has been facing a pilot shortage for some time now.

Stanger00

Established Member

You're passing around bad information to legitimize your missed officer opportunity because of force reduction. Things haven't stabilized the force reduction programs are in full swing and its my generation who are at the biggest risk of losing their jobs! This would of been my 12th year in and all of my buddies are between 13-16 years currently.

The Air Force was never in a stage where they were cutting it's force in half. In 2009 they made up some crap about retention rates being too high and started DOS rollback force reduction program. I was apart of that and got my pink slip with less than 90 days to prepare to start my life over as a civilian. I served 7 years and 3 months.

I know nothing about the OTS boards and will not speak about that but I assure you I seen zero shortage in aircraft launches while I was wrapping up my AF career at Luke from 2009-2010. That was only f-16 fighter pilots.

Mean Green GT

Panama City Gang
Established Member
Service to your country and mustang passion are not mutually exclusive. People work hard for their rank, nothing wrong with sharing the satisfaction it took to make that rank.

IMG_2127_zps3da9e5e3.jpg

IMG_2136_zps9efa2bd2.jpg

This has to be one of the STUPIDEST things you can do. People who plaster their rank and service stickers all over their cars after they retire or that are still in are usually the biggest piles of shit and never amount to anything in the real world so they drive around looking for a pat on the head. LET IT GO. Do your job humbly and collect your paycheck and take all that stupid shit off your car before you cause another military member to crash into something due to them laughing to hard at your unauthorized rolling Air Force Billboard aka "rolling resume". Btw if you see people laughing as you drive around your base, assume they are laughing AT YOU!. You have to be Guard.....

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This has to be one of the STUPIDEST things you can do. People who plaster their rank and service stickers all over their cars after they retire or that are still in are usually the biggest piles of shit and never amount to anything in the real world so they drive around looking for a pat on the head. LET IT GO. Do your job humbly and collect your paycheck and take all that stupid shit off your car before you cause another military member to crash into something due to them laughing to hard at your unauthorized rolling Air Force Billboard aka "rolling resume". Btw if you see people laughing as you drive around your base, assume they are laughing AT YOU!. You have to be Guard.....

Oh look at that, not a single **** to be found about your opinion. Just a idiot who can't imagine pride in service.

chikenkiwi2

Established Member

Lol. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread