Very very small creak in front.

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
I so I've never driver my car with no radio, no ac before. But the other day I was just taking a short ride down the street and had everything off and i noticed the smallest tiniest creaking in the front suspension. Remember i just did lowering springs, So of course I Got it up on stands, rechecked everything and it was all good. When I lowered the car with the jack in the front, (creeeaak). So i googled it, and found A TSB for front lower control arms producing a creaking sound when suspension travels. Could I just lube these bushings? Its not loud at all but i would prefer that there was absolutely no noise. Or do I need to just go aftermarket? tubular, poly bushings?

I found the TSB and its only a 1.6hr job.

FORD:2011-2012 Mustang
ISSUE:

Some 2011-2012 Mustangs built on or before 4/1/2011 may exhibit a grunt/creak/chirp/squeak noise from the front lower control arm hydro bushing. These noises may occur over large vertical bumps like speed bumps, pot holes, rough roads and driveway approaches.
ACTION:

Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

Use chassis ears on the lower control arm hydro bushing bracket tabs to verify noise is coming from the hydro bushing. The hydro bushing is the large diameter bushing at the rear of the control arm.
If the noise is not confirmed as coming from the hydro bushing, do not continue with the article. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 204-00 for normal diagnostics.
If the noise is confirmed as coming from the hydro bushing, replace the lower control arm that is making the noise. Refer to WSM, Section 204-01.

PART NUMBERPART NAMECR3Z-3078-AArm Assy - Right FrontCR3Z-3079-AArm Assy - Left Front
WARRANTY STATUS:

Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATIONDESCRIPTIONTIME110708A2011-2012 Mustang: Replace One (1) Lower Control Arm, Includes Time To Diagnose (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.2 Hrs.110708B2011-2012 Mustang: Replace Two (2) Lower Control Arms, Includes Time To Diagnose (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)1.6 Hrs.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
been there done that...5x now....this last time the something in the sway went out...they have had to replace my LCA 5 times....i open a case with FOMOCO

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
oh btw they all started as a very small creak noise...then gradually over over every bump loud metal grinding

saunupe1911

Established Member
its your control arms. Get them BOTH replaced too or your front end will never align properly or feel right because the new control arms are stronger and stiffer than the old ones.

I had my control arms replaced but I do hear slight noises from the front with my Eibach Pro/ Koni STR.T setup. I had a guy from the shop ride with me too. I think it's just tire noise and maybe spring compression. I'm still gathering details. I just got it installed Friday but that metal scraping noise over speed bumps and large potholes is your control arms.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
i had this TSB done as well. My car will creak like that if it sits for a week with out driving it. Its like shes mad at me :(

Users who are viewing this thread