very sad with my cobra

flynlow

Established Member
Well last year I bought a 04 cobra vert that has a whipple and tonssssdds more done to it it dynos around 650 to wheels and 647 tq dan at pro dyno can verify the power but my best time was a 11.43 @126mphnthe car is solid axle has qa1s and feels very fast no misses or anything its just not doing as it should dan suggested shipping the car back to him maybe its a intercooler pump? Im at a loss for words though I spent a ton on it and im still getting outran by my friends cammed z06 any suggestions? ? I even had a pro driver run it through and he just gained 2 tenths the car hooks great to so thats not it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
post time slips

The IC pump should be easy enough to verify, either get the car up to temp and see if fluid is circulating in the reservoir or use a handheld to see what IAT2 is doing.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Need to see a slip

you trap is way better than 11.46...spinnin somewhere. Where are shifting? What for rear gears? Tire size?

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Look up how to jump the IC pump its very easy just pull out the relay and use a wire to jump the connections. See if the pump runs. If you have Hight IAT 2 temps the computer will pull timing. How much boost are you running. What is your pulley set up and do you have a 2.3 or 2.9 whipple?

flynlow

Established Member
Well im t at all handy with tools ill try and go find my slip im also horrible with computers so bear with me the car is a 2.3 whipple wit h solid axle full cage tear seat delete twin 15pd no bottles and a cryo sprayer 60pound injectors not sure on gear??? Mickey drag radials on saleen rims I know the car can cut a 005 60 foot but I cant shift at all when I go to grab a gear its like I hit a wall just wont go and ive powershifeted my 07 shelby and my 06 paxton viper this car feels brutal but just isnt getting it done im very novice and new to these cobras it has rechiard racing pulleys its been chipped by pro dyno ill tey and take a engine pic and post it but I never could get pics up before I just hope everyone is easy on me since im new to this car and im just wanting knowledge I thought clutch might be slipping but it grabs at 5k drop car has full race seats as well it came from sc godspeed motors had it and I wante d it so here I am I can send pic of dyno run it put down 657.80 hp with 643.27 tq the upper pulley is a 2.65 rechiard also I have no after market boost gauge yeah sad I know but it was built for show and only has 14k miles dan said it made 21psi and this is 93 gas he says im maxed out pretty much unless I go 2.9 race fuel but he says the 11.40 is sad and the car is not right someway please exuse my run on sentences im on my cell and sorry for all my limited info I can text pics of anything anyone needs just pm if you want to help me im tired of losingbto my friends z06 and next weekend is hillbilly arm drops here its huge race here.only thing gave me hope dan didnt even want to talk about doing a big 1000hp build he thinks my car is leaving way to much on the table I know im ready to get down in the 10s thanks for your helpband im gonna go look for my slips btw be easy im new and just want to.be a valuable member here. Thanks

flynlow

Established Member
Also theres no shop or dyno any where close im wayyyyy out in the eastern ky hills as in they pipeline sun to my house lol

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
The wall when shifting you talk about hitting sounds like the PPRV. Has it been deleted? Some cars are more prone to this issue than others and it has been said that some of the issue can be tuned out. I never had this issue with mine thought but this is what it sound like but that wouldn't account for everything though.

I have a 2.3 Whipple 19psi that is in the 620-630 range but full weight and IRS best 1/8 mile et and MPH was 7.04 @ 101.8 with no power shifting. But it had to be cooled down a good bit took a lot of ice running thorough the IC tank to keep the charge temps down. I believe its once over 100 or 120 the ecm is pulling timing and gets more aggressive the higher it goes. I installed a killer chiller and that has helped a good bit.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?538718-PPRV-Delete-for-Dummies-HD-Video-Step-by-Step

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Holy eye strain.

"Well I’m not at all handy with tools, and I’ll try and find my time slip. I’m also horrible with computers so bear with me. The car has a 2.3 whipple with solid axle, full cage, rear seat delete, twin 15pd NOS bottles, cryo sprayer with 60pound injectors not sure on gear??? and Mickey Thompson drag radials on saleen rims. It has Rechiard racing pulleys and its been chipped by pro dyno. The car has full race seats as well. It put down 657.80 hp with 643.27 tq the upper pulley is a 2.65 rechiard. I do not have a boost gauge. Yeah, sad I know, but it was built for show and only has 14k miles. Dan said it made 21psi and this is 93 gas he says I’m maxed out pretty much unless I go 2.9 race fuel.

I know the car can cut a 005 60 foot, but when I go to grab a gear, it’s like I hit a wall. She just won’t go in and I’ve power shifted my 07 shelby and my 06 paxton viper. This car feels brutal, but just isn’t getting it done.

I’m very new to these cobras. I’ll take a engine pic and post it, but I could not get pics up before. I just hope everyone will take it easy on me since I’m new to this car and I just need some technical knowledge. I thought the clutch might be slipping, but it grabs at 5k drop. It came from sc godspeed motors and he says the 11.40 is sad and the car is not right someway. Please excuse my run on sentences, I’m on my cell and sorry for the limited info. I can text pics of anything anyone needs, just pm if you want to help me. I’m tired of losing to my friends z06 and next weekend is hillbilly race time. Arm drop racing is huge here. Only thing gave me hope is Dan thinks my car is leaving way to much on the table. I know I’m ready to get down in the 10s. Thanks for your help and I’m going to look for my time slips. BTW be easy, I’m new and just want to be a valuable member here. Thanks"

Last edited:

stang910

Established Member
You for sure have some sort of issue. My old ported eaton cobra put down 525rwhp and ran 11.2's at 126. My buddies cobra puts down around 630rwhp through an auto and runs 9.5's at 140+. Your car should easily run 10's at 130+.

Prototype007

Established Member
Where are you in Eastern, KY? There is plenty of Modular Ford people in the eastern region of the state to help you diagnose your car.

Chad Epperson is at CNC Racecraft and has a Dyno in London, KY. Lee Blankenship is in Shelbyville, KY. Both specialize in Ford stuff.

flynlow

Established Member
I know I'm not a English major just a coal miner sorry. I think I apologized repeatedly for my gramme rim on a iPad now though lol.

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
If you post a slip that def help alot.....what are you shifting at? You should def be in the 130+mph range

flynlow

Established Member
I'm gonna pack her up as soon as I get the money up I'm really confused though it never over heats and drives great I actually drove it to myrtle beach no problems ...??? I was hoping someone on here might have known my car from the sc / nc/ area I wish I could find my slips but I was so upset after getting pounded by my buddy's zO6 I was kinda in a daze that whole night my car doesn't even have a aftermarket boost gauge dan said before I got the car the owner had it riced out!!!!!! And never raced it just dyno queen and car shows wth race look and parts I'll be needing advice later for big n little tires cause I'm going full on drag car if it comes out of this set back .

And anyone in the southeast there's a nice arm drop race called hillbilly arm drop in Floyd co county ky google it .

03 silver cobra

Established Member
Do you know the 60 fts the car ran? When did you run the car. What were the outside temps? My car makes about 620hp but traps around the same as yours during the summer, And cammed zo6s are no joke, so I wouldn't be so sad about a loss to one. But there is a lot of info we are missing here, if you can find out any answers to some of the above questions it might can save you a trip and spending some $ that may not be needed.

Last edited:

flynlow

Established Member
It runs a 0,8 and once a 0,5 it ends the quarter in 3rd at rev limiter or barely 4th I'm sorry I'm such a newb bare with me I'll get the hang of this stuff if anyone will pm me I'll email you engine and dyno pics thanks again for helping me I'm from the lifted diesel world now I'm into these cars. Also it was about 80 degrees and out of 8 runs 11.43 was my best I drive a hour one way to my track I live wayyyy out in the sticks I just wish I new what all the car had on it :( it's from nc

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
L7mGTNz.jpg
AWdwjiK.jpg
Utp4vta.jpg
Tukro9c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread