Very sad news....

Andy M

Established Member
Folks,

I received a phone call earlier this evening from the father of one our 2000 R owners from Houston (Don Smith - aka "tcm-668" on the board) has sadly passed away. :( Don owned 2000 R number 152 and was a good friend. I had recently spoken with him on the phone as he had recently moved to the Woodlands (north of Houston) and was also working in the area. We had not seen one another in a while and I was calling to catch up and we tried a few times to schedule lunch as my office is also in The Woodlands. I am deeply saddened and certainly wished now that we had been able to get together.

I had not seen him in about 3-4 years but we always kept in touch and I had invited him to our SCMC XMAS party this past season. He emailed me informing that he was sorry he could not make it but something came up. He also told me that he had been in very poor health but things were good at the moment. He apparently had been suffering from high blood pressure and other associated ailments. His father told me he passed at his home this past Thursday and as he struggled to get the words out, he indicated that Don's mother was very distraught and did not want to hear or talk to anyone about this. Understandably so.

I will keep you all posted as I learn more but wanted to share this sad news with the group. Don was only 44 years old. This is the kind of news no one ever expects or wants to receive and it should certainly make us all appreciate just how precious this short time we have on Earth really is.

RIP Don! :rockon:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Sorry to hear of the loss.

Its very sad to see anyone pass away untimely.

Did Don leave behind any kids?

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
RIP... My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends...

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It is sad to read your news.

Please express to his family that the entire Cobra R group has his family in our prayers.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
at 44 its a shock. thoughts and prayers. i was reminded the hard way ten years ago when i was told i probably needed a heart transplant to life that there are no guarantees of tomorrow.

live your life, don't put in savings. don't promise you'll call your loved one's, do it. the 2000R says that Don was living his life.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
at 44 its a shock. thoughts and prayers. i was reminded the hard way ten years ago when i was told i probably needed a heart transplant to life that there are no guarantees of tomorrow.

live your life, don't put in savings. don't promise you'll call your loved one's, do it. the 2000R says that Don was living his life.

+65,000 on this, Has been my attitude for quite sometime. My sig kinda sums it up for me.

always sad to see someone gone before what would appear to be their time. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread