Very happy with Steigmeier Port and 2.93!!

chrisle7220

Established Member
Today i dynoed for the first time with the steigmeier port job and James(rwtd) tune. Before I dynoed 452rwhp and 456rwtq on the canned predator tune(STD numbers). Today i dynoed and got 498rwhp and 454rwtq(STD). Weird how i lost torque. Read a thread about the loss of torque with ported eaton, but there was a fix in it. And i believe with James' tune that wouldve fixed it, but I guess it didnt. Anyways my SAE numbers were 485rwhp and 442rwtq. I wanted to see at least 490rwhp SAE numbers but im still on stock plugs :( , so once i get some NGK's, i think it'll be closer to that mark. Anyways, just wanted to share my dyno numbers to ya'll. Im very please that i gaind over 40whp with the stegmeier port and James tune landed pretty damn close, may need to be a little tweaked, but he is the MAN! Will have dyno graph posted soon. Later.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Great numbers! We all have to remember though, Stieg has got the port job down so well, that they are making our good ole Eatons alot more efficient. It's starting to look a little more like the screw blowers in the fact that your gonna need to up the boost to make the torque numbers... This is a GOOD thing!

chrisle7220

Established Member
Do you think that if i get some aftermarket spark plugs that will gain me a few more horses? Ya'll probably think im dumb by not putting on some NGK's or so, but I just never had the time to get some and install them. But i will very soon. Are the NGK's pre-gapped, or do I need to buy a special tool to install them? Also if i did have to gap them, how much should i gap them?

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
The lost torque can not be fixed in a tune. The boost bypass can be turned off in the tune but the valve still needs to be adjusted.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep, go with a 4 lb. lower and you'll see some nice torque gains. Most who have ported their Eatons (and lost torque) got it back by going with a 4 lb. lower. That and your 2.93 would make a nice combo IMO.

chrisle7220

Established Member
Was wondering that when people post their port numbers, are they mostly STD numbers or SAE?

dakota318

Banned
New to all this, what is the "lower" puley that you are all talking about, and by "lb" how is that measured? Im assuming that 2.93 is in inches, OD?

Users who are viewing this thread