VERY good dealer experience today!

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Ok so here is the story http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262747

There was a major power steering leak that had devolped with my car and was just making a mess everywhere. That plus my fog light switch went out and my fog lights wouldnt work at all. So I made an appointment at the dealer to take her in. I brought the car in and right off the bat the service writer was VERY nice and helpful. They took the car and he swiftly got me into a free rental and on my way. Now I was thinking to my self "Ok its a huge leak and is probably gonna take at least a week before they even get the parts.." I accepted that and just went about my day. Then my serivce writer called me up in the afternoon and told me that "They found the leak, and the parts have been ordered and are on their way." I was shocked especially after all the bad experiences I've had with dealers regarding my car, and my truck. They usually take a couple days before they even touch the car...

So today rolls around and he calls me up and simply says "Your car is fixed and ready to be picked up." At first I was like he must have the wrong guy... its only been 1 day :shrug: Never the less I went there and I see my car sitting there... I go to return the rental but I forgot to fill it with gas (I only used like maybe 1/8 or a tank) I told him and he was just like "Dont worry about it sir" and took the car back-another really kind move. Then my service writer handed me my paper work and keys and said "Have a wonderful day and thank you for your patience."

I got in the car and read the work to find that they replaced the fog light switch, the hydroboost, flushed out and serived the whole system, and did a free 60 point inspection on the car. The car is now in my garage and is working beautifuly! I am so impressed that they were this swift and kind on doing warranty work, especially since I have mods (Not that the mods had anything to do with the problems.) My service writer called me like very 5 hours to update me on the status of the car to to see if I needed anything.
The whole experience overall makes me realize how much I like Ford and that they sure know how to keep this customer happy :beer:

CLIFF NOTES- :D
Car was broken
Took it to the dealer
Dealer replaced and fixed everything in only 1 day
Everyone was really kind and helpful no problems
Ford Rocks! :pepper:

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
Not all dealers are the enemy! Now keep bringing them you car, even do some service work with them, you will be a good cust. to them and they will hook you up.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Oh man after the times I've had before... They had my truck for 8 days to tell me that nothing is wrong with it...! That same dealer too!

Now I got a very good service writer who I will give very good feedback for and I think the dealer has really stepped up their game since. Things like this really make me the customer pleased and want to continue buying from them and Ford. 1 good expierence can really outweigh all the bad I've had. :beer:

showme cobra

Banned
we have a great dealer here in st louis- valley ford i popped my frps the night before we were to leave for the daytona 500 called them at 9am, they sent a flatbed to pick up the car and called me three hours later to tell me the car was ready to go.no questions asked even with the mods :bowdown:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Nice to hear there are more great dealers around. I love mine. I have only been there once for work as my diff was leaking. Just thought I'd give it a shot to see if they would fix it as I was not in the mood to. They saw all of my mods as my car sits now and didn't say a word! After the tech finished it he said "I bet she runs pretty good." :D I came out of there with a bill of $0.00

Prestige Ford in Edmond, Oklahoma

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Damn what dealer is that? I might have to make a 4 hour trip to get an oil change as my dealers are idiots.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
boosted2000si said:
Damn what dealer is that? I might have to make a 4 hour trip to get an oil change as my dealers are idiots.
Why not change your own oil? :shrug:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
It was Sawgrass Ford here, but the thing is that they USED to be slow and unprofesional...
Now they treated me very well and got the work done fast and easy :shrug:

I think the owner gave the business to his son so maybe that changed some things around.. but eitherway it was a good experience.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Ok so here is the story http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262747

There was a major power steering leak that had devolped with my car and was just making a mess everywhere. That plus my fog light switch went out and my fog lights wouldnt work at all. So I made an appointment at the dealer to take her in. I brought the car in and right off the bat the service writer was VERY nice and helpful. They took the car and he swiftly got me into a free rental and on my way. Now I was thinking to my self "Ok its a huge leak and is probably gonna take at least a week before they even get the parts.." I accepted that and just went about my day. Then my serivce writer called me up in the afternoon and told me that "They found the leak, and the parts have been ordered and are on their way." I was shocked especially after all the bad experiences I've had with dealers regarding my car, and my truck. They usually take a couple days before they even touch the car...

So today rolls around and he calls me up and simply says "Your car is fixed and ready to be picked up." At first I was like he must have the wrong guy... its only been 1 day :shrug: Never the less I went there and I see my car sitting there... I go to return the rental but I forgot to fill it with gas (I only used like maybe 1/8 or a tank) I told him and he was just like "Dont worry about it sir" and took the car back-another really kind move. Then my service writer handed me my paper work and keys and said "Have a wonderful day and thank you for your patience."

I got in the car and read the work to find that they replaced the fog light switch, the hydroboost, flushed out and serived the whole system, and did a free 60 point inspection on the car. The car is now in my garage and is working beautifuly! I am so impressed that they were this swift and kind on doing warranty work, especially since I have mods (Not that the mods had anything to do with the problems.) My service writer called me like very 5 hours to update me on the status of the car to to see if I needed anything.
The whole experience overall makes me realize how much I like Ford and that they sure know how to keep this customer happy :beer:

You need to do two things:

1. Post up the name of the Dealer so those in your area will know who to take their cars to ...

2. Write the manager of the dealership with a cc to the owner ... telling them the story and that you have posted them on the SVT board as your way of saying thanks . and give them the link to the post.

As has been said .. this kind of service is rare .. esp. among Ford Dealers ... My Father was talking to a Ford service rep on the east coast about customer service and the guy said (paraphrased) this whole area is transient ... we don't care about the customer because we may see him once or twice and then he is gone to be replaced by a new customer"

My Dad then went back to his office and wrote a directive to all his fleet managers that they were not to take ANY vehicles to any ford dealer on the eastern seaboard for service ... even if it meant spending extra money on a private repair shop ....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great advice JDJ. Great service like that should be rewarded. Maybe if more dealers knew that their great service was publicized on the net they'd all work a bit harder to please their customers. :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
RDJ said:
You need to do two things:

2. Write the manager of the dealership with a cc to the owner ... telling them the story and that you have posted them on the SVT board as your way of saying thanks . and give them the link to the post.

Outstanding suggestion! And I would include the service director in on that email. Keep that advisor close!!

Users who are viewing this thread