vert top - products?

wjjeeper

Established Member
Has anyone used a product on the convertible cloth to "refresh" it? I find that my top looks dusty/ sun faded, but only in spots.

What's out there to address this?

tdo

Established Member
Raggtopp makes a decent product. Amazon had a decent price in the past. Be sure to get the product for cloth tops.

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member

SuperG

Established Member
I also use 303...I was skeptical at first that any product would blacken the top, but WOW! Love the stuff. I use it every 3-4 weeks...takes about 4 minutes to shoot and rub the entire top with this stuff.

wjjeeper

Established Member
Yeah I'm leaning towards the 303 myself. Looks like Raggtopp isn't readily available in Canada.

wjjeeper

Established Member
After investigation of a few products I've decided to use Mother's convertible top cleaner, and the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.

svtwelch711

Established Member
My Secret:

When the guys come out to do my carpet in the house every couple months I have them hit the Vert top on the 04 Cobra and the carpets/suede seats too.

They have some 3M scotchgaurd stuff that makes that cloth top look mint. I mean MINT! $20 cash is all it takes as a tip. Lasts 6-7 months lol

I know this sounds stupid. But it works and I have never found anything that works this good to date. They have prof. stuff that was way better than all the other "stuff" I tried.

wjjeeper

Established Member
Well this weekend I used the Mother's to clean and wow! Lots of dirt and grime came out...... After letting it dry overnight I could see the fabric was cleaner, brighter and just looked healthier.
Then I applied the 303 fabric guard. No change in color, and after it dried for 24hrs I tested it. The water beads off nicely....

So I'm super happy. My tan top is now new looking.

Users who are viewing this thread