Verrry interesting

ssssnake

Established Member
And yes, I did do a search on Snopes before I posted.

UN vs. U.S.A., or, the case for isolationism.

The United States gives out $13.3 billion tax dollars in direct Foreign Aid annually. The United States is above and beyond the single most generous benefactor of the United Nations, donating $2.4 billion dollars of YOUR money, to primarily third-world dictators.

This amount is 25% of the United Nations budget . In addition, the United States also gives another $1.4 billion tax dollars to United Nations' programs and agencies. The American taxpayers fund more for the United Nations than ALL of the other 177 member nations COMBINED.

What most Americans do not realize is that the vast majority of the recipients of the of US Foreign Aid routinely vote against the wishes of the United States in the United Nations at an average rate of 74%. In other words, of the $13.3 billion tax dollars invested in direct Foreign Aid only about 26% or $3.5 billion went to support people who endorsed American initiatives or causes. A staggering $9.8 billion tax dollars went to causes and people who were and are in open and direct opposition to the United States' interests and objectives.

Listed below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations' records:

Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time.
Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time.
Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time.
United Arab Emirates votes against the United States. 70% of the time.
Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.
Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.
Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.
Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time.
Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time.
Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time.
Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time.
Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time.
Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.
India votes against the United States 81% of the time.
Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.
Mauritania votes against the United States 87% of the time.

US Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually in US Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71% against the United States and receives $192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States receives $6,721,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

India votes 81% against the United States receives $143,699,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax savings back to the American workers who are having to skimp and sacrifice to pay these taxes.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Our State Dept. seems to be composed of morons. Maybe I don't understand diplomacy but I would cut every dollar of foreign aid to countries who are clearly our enemies. Unfortunately it's easy to spend money when it's the taxpayers and not the diplomats who pay the bill. I imagine they hope that "eventually" the countries will come around and think like we do. Maybe on a cold day in hell when pigs are flying.

Same thing with Iraq. They have the oil money to rebuild themselves. Why do they need our billions? Where's their oil money going? There's something wrong with our way of doing things. You don't take over a country and then give it money. Any conqueror in history would be scratching his head or laughing at us. I'm sure the Iraquis think we're loonies.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Very interesting indeed. Not that I don't believe you but how could I confirm this information?

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
Very interesting indeed. Not that I don't believe you but how could I confirm this information?

Other than searching through www.snopes.com I don't know. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:

ssssnake

Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
I'd like one with boobies, please. (and you better not post a pic of a bird with blue feet!)

hmm, that would be a pic instead of a joke. But I think you would like this joke.

A man and a woman were at a bar sitting and talking. The woman said, "my husband left me because I was too kinky." The man replied, "that's funny. That's the same reason my girl and I broke up." They agreed that they were a match and left the bar to go the the woman's apartment. When they got there, she excused herself to change into a dominatrix outfit, but when she came out, the man had gone. He did leave a note. It read,

"I screwed your dog and crapped in your purse. I'm done."

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Our State Dept. seems to be composed of morons. (snip)

You hit that nail on the head! The same group of people who made a woman the ambassador to Iraq back in the early '90s. Good choice for a country whose culture considers women as property. She sure did have a great influence on Sadam.

But the morons are firmly entrenched, due to 8 years of Clinton, and civil service provisions.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by sid297
Don't we give Isrial(sp) more aid than any other country?
You're right, by far we give Israel more than any other nation, however, they usually stick by our side and do what the US asks (especially as it pertains to Palestine and Arafat).

They're a good allie, but that's not the entire reason for the substantial assistance. The US was found on Christian values and the mecca of Christianity is, in fact, Israel. Democrats and Republicans both agree on this much and the Christian right-wing in our nation ensures that the US does not leave Israel hung out to dry (i.e., evangelist Pat Robertson, who has enough pull to get elected officials in office AND out of it).

I feel bad for Israel, to tell ya' the truth. They're surrounded by a**holes...like me in Chemistry class :-D . To their credit, they have a lot of heart. They get hit, they hit back...and hit back HARD!

Here's an article from The Christian Science Monitor on US aid to Israel:
Israel is the largest recipient of US foreign aid. It is already due to get $2.04 billion in military assistance and $720 million in economic aid in fiscal 2003. It has been getting $3 billion a year for years. - http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/1209/p16s01-wmgn.htm

Last edited:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT4ME
You can go to google.com and type in the following...

US aid to India fiscal year 2002

Something to that effect should bring up enough info to confirm the above findings. :)

Users who are viewing this thread