"Venom Kills Demons" - was that smart?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Im sure it will be faster going in circles for hours but if that is their claim to "Being Faster" then it will be just that "Silly".

Today and any day after when a muscle car says is the "Fastest" it will be judged on 1/4 mile times only...

Drag race market is trivial in size to the sports car market. I suppose perception is partially down to the crowd you hang out with, but there's a reason the Mustang and Camaro have essentially become full-on sports cars, and it's not because Test and Tune nights across the country are full. Going fast in a straight line is just not what it was 20 years ago. We used to make cars practically unstreetable pursuing ETs that daily drivers run now.

Otherwise I think it's funny that slow people, even knowing nothing else about the car, would compare a car that literally comes with skinnies vs. one they know comes with a giant wing on the back. Really, as everyone knows, the key to building a drag car is creating as much high speed aerodynamic drag as possible.

Zemedici

Established Member
Drag race market is trivial in size to the sports car market. I suppose perception is partially down to the crowd you hang out with, but there's a reason the Mustang and Camaro have essentially become full-on sports cars, and it's not because Test and Tune nights across the country are full. Going fast in a straight line is just not what it was 20 years ago. We used to make cars practically unstreetable pursuing ETs that daily drivers run now.

Otherwise I think it's funny that slow people, even knowing nothing else about the car, would compare a car that literally comes with skinnies vs. one they know comes with a giant wing on the back. Really, as everyone knows, the key to building a drag car is creating as much high speed aerodynamic drag as possible.

So if they’re in different categories, what’s the point of saying that?

It’s like if Ducati makes a commercial

‘Just better than your Harley Davidson’

What’s the point? Two completely different demographics....it’s tacky

conceptmachine

Established Member
maybe Ford will bring a factory street drag car after GM brings one?

yup, makes zero sense to compair the two.
it' gonna burn them down the road, especially when the GT500 doesn't outperform either of the top two offerings - zl1-1le or the demon, and they both would be out 2 years and a year respectively.
GM won't be sitting idol, I'm sure, they are working on the next best thing with the camaro - like jamming the L1E with 755HP.
Don' t forget the ME vette. lt more than likely will shred the GT and for 1/3 the price and I'm sure without hoops to jump to get one - with a cherry V8 on top.
It was nice ford brought a FPC V8 though...just sat on it too long IMO.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member

Meh, I think Owens was standing in front of Aaron, Patterson and some of the other guys from SA talking about Carroll and playing to the assembled crowd. Not what I would consider a moment meant for greater public consumption. Thank the cell phone era.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, I think Owens was standing in front of Aaron, Patterson and some of the other guys from SA talking about Carroll and playing to the assembled crowd. Not what I would consider a moment meant for greater public consumption. Thank the cell phone era.
I agree. I think he got caught up in the moment.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Why does the OP care? Is he still pissed at Ford, that they forced him to buy the Demon?

The demon comes stock and was marketed with slicks and skinnies...how many will put 100k miles on their car in this condition? What was dodge thinking? That’s the better question.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My questions is who in their right mind honestly believes they are going to post anything long winded in this thread that’s going to convince the op and others that their $85k was a bad purchase?

I’ll step up and kill the political and polite correctness shit.

Op, if you enjoy your car so much, stop making these threads and drive the thing.

I enjoy my cobra, a lot. And I talk about it a lot. I don’t start threads comparing my car to this new gt500. I mention that a built car is faster than these cars for less while in a thread.

Making threads over and over to say you like your car a lot is pretty laughable. Enjoy the damn thing. Congrats.

Zemedici

Established Member
Why does the OP care? Is he still pissed at Ford, that they forced him to buy the Demon?

The demon comes stock and was marketed with slicks and skinnies...how many will put 100k miles on their car in this condition? What was dodge thinking? That’s the better question.

No one. That’s why it comes with front street tires as well.....you do realize how LONG it will take to put 100k miles on a car at the strip? Come on now

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My questions is who in their right mind honestly believes they are going to post anything long winded in this thread that’s going to convince the op and others that their $85k was a bad purchase?
Yeah, definitely not me. It's not my money.
I love the performance of the car, but I don't really like the looks of the car with the fender flares. Plus, I can only imagine how much insurance must be on that car. I do believe that there is only one car insurance carrier that is able to insure the car. I believe it is Hagerty.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No one. That’s why it comes with front street tires as well.....you do realize how LONG it will take to put 100k miles on a car at the strip? Come on now
I figured it’s street legal to drive on the street unlike the cobra jet...
I still think it would have been much better marketing by dodge to show what the demon can do in street trim like every other car tested.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Look I mean it’s a badass car and I’m happy the OP is happy with the car, I honestly am.

Would it be how I spend $85k on a car? No but does that matter? No.

Buy, build, steal whatever you like to drive. Just don’t steal my car or I’ll have to end you and stage the break in

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I figured it’s street legal to drive on the street unlike the cobra jet...
I still think it would have been much better marketing by dodge to show what the demon can do in street trim like every other car tested.

Funny you mention that.... didnt hear you complaining when the 350R was being compared to other cars with the same level of tire. A barely street legal, DOT approved racing /competition tire.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Funny you mention that.... didnt hear you complaining when the 350R was being compared to other cars with the same level of tire. A barely street legal, DOT approved racing /competition tire.
It’s the same tire that’s on the z06 and numerous other street legal vehicles. And it’s still a slower less sticky tire than what the last z28 came with.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
What a humorous post. Upset about a car's lack of performance that hasn't been officially announced or released. Not sure how to even start discussing (or not) this post.

Tom

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

511677C8-1CFC-4244-B1B4-0AABAE42DAF2.jpeg

It’s an 8th mike... civic only ran a 6.3 but at 126...how do you lose to FWD in the 8th when you have the potential to have 3/10th on them in the first 60ft?

Car isn’t living up to hype

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Kaneda's future post topics:
1. Why is reliability of Procharged 2018's so bad compared to the Demon?
2. Why can't the GT500 fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk like the Demon?
4. Is the GT500 blower less efficient than the blower on the Demon?
5. How hard will SVTPerformance bite on this obvious troll topic?
6. Will the Demon out handle the GT500 on the road course?

@Kaneda, time to get typing!

Last edited:

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

This is the fastest private hands demon pass I’ve seen. It’s close enough to dodges pass to say in perfect conditions it’s doable to pick up 3/10th and 3.x mph.

My question is if we as community have to accept that every demon is a 9.65@140 machine, do we also as community get to say every stock c6 z06 is nipping it’s heels because ranger ran 10.78@130?

Real world demons will average mid 10s@130-135.

C6z’s average high 11’s@125.

The hero run for 03 cobra’s is something like 12.3@116 iirc. Everybody claims high 12’s and low 13’s at 110+

Users who are viewing this thread